How do bad eating habits affect health
What is the influence of nutrition?
Overall, the body needs less energy in old age and when it is in need of care. But: nutrients such as vitamins are still important for health. How many exactly depends, among other things, on physical activity and a possible illness.
Improper nutrition can be harmful to health. Too many fats and carbohydrates can lead to obesity. Health problems are often the result.
On the other hand, problems with food intake can lead to malnutrition (malnutrition). This means that the body does not take in enough carbohydrates, proteins, fats, vitamins or minerals. Malnutrition can lead to health problems: weakness, drowsiness, falls, poor wound healing, infections. Overall, the elderly have an increased risk of dying from the effects of malnutrition.
Eating and drinking behavior can change with age and when people are in need of care. The reasons for this are diverse. For example, hunger, thirst, smells and tastes are perceived worse. Loss of appetite is also part of everyday life in many older people. Depressive moods, loneliness or forgetfulness often contribute to the fact that people eat and drink less. People who are trembling a lot or whose mobility is restricted due to joint wear (osteoarthritis) or inflammation (arthritis) also need support with eating and drinking. Older people in need of care often suffer from chewing and swallowing difficulties. In some cases, a special diet is necessary, for example if you have kidney or liver disease.
In the case of severe restlessness or large, open wounds, there may also be an increased need for energy and nutrients.
You can find out what you can do to prevent malnutrition and dehydration in the tips against malnutrition and the tips against dehydration.
- A landlord can refuse to fix things
- Die spiders in the vacuum cleaner
- What are the steps in a Christian baptism
- Do you suffer from mental health problems
- The United States should have universal health coverage
- Can the light particle be generated
- The earth's crust can shift
- How many children does Donald Trump have
- What is the difference between Bohrkaliber
- What is the lead generation tool
- What are the examples of synecdoches
- What is fine jewelry
- How big is Planck's constant
- Benzodiazepines Xanax work for severe obsessive-compulsive disorder
- Dark matter affects the speed of the planet
- How quickly do provisional patents have to be filed?
- What is business logic for laypeople
- Is the startup scene in Malaysia busy?
- Why are humans smarter than animals
- Why are creationists wrong?
- When was D D created
- How old are the grapes
- What is the Klein Gordon equation
- Gives Rss salary