Which factors determine the gender of the future child?
People shake the dice cup harder when they need a high number. They believe in winning the lottery if they tick their own numbers. And they swear by certain positions, moon phases or ambient temperatures in order to beget a boy or a girl. Is it all just unreal?
First of all, the chance of finding the desired sex is not bad. While the chances of winning the lottery jackpot are much lower than dying the following day, the chances of having the desired child are a comfortable 50:50. This good starting position explains why so many people seem to be successful in their arrangements for having their desired child.
In addition, the gender of the child does not seem to be left to pure chance if you look at what scientists have found out: Girls are born more often when there is bad weather, crises, wars or hunger. Warm weather and good economic conditions, on the other hand, increase the chance of a boy.
A current study confirms these findings. US researchers evaluated the births during the great famine in China from 1959 to 1961. As the population suffered, more girls were born.
As early as 2008, British scientists had established a connection between the nutritional status of women and the gender of their child: women who had a high-energy and high-sugar diet at the time of conception had a higher than average frequency of boys. Especially the women who preferred muesli in the morning gave birth to sons a little more often.
These observations support the previous investigations: The diet at the time of conception depends on the weather and the economic conditions within the women's environment. And it is likely an indicator of the woman's energy reserves and state of health.
- Why did you like to fly a kite?
- How are Amazon products
- Why do Americans like to own guns?
- How do I check RSS feed data
- How do I make 20 to 2000
- Can a doctor understand the handwriting of other doctors?
- Why are people happy 1
- In general, Americans are racists towards non-Americans
- Why are Singaporeans behaving badly in Malaysia?
- What are the values of the upper class
- What is stopping you from cleaning your house
- Which film has the most shocking climax
- People are good at randomness
- Which is the greatest invention so far
- What percentage of 40 is 16
- How can you legally carry a gun?
- Why do people prefer Opera over Chrome
- What is int csc x 2 dx
- What's different in London
- Runs low testosterone levels
- What do South Koreans eat
- What products does Amazon offer
- How does a jellyfish sting feel?
- Money buys time