Dark matter affects black holes
Black holes born of dark matter
US researchers have a new explanation for primeval quasars.
Even in the early universe, only 700 million years after the Big Bang, there are supposed to have been supermassive black holes (with a mass of around one billion solar masses). We see them - or the environment they have eaten - today as brightly shining quasars (galaxy nuclei) whose light is 13 million years old. But how these monsters are supposed to have come about is unclear. Their early existence contradicts the theory that they gradually formed in the center of pre-existing galaxies. Astrophysicists working with John Wise (University of California, San Diego) now present in Nature (January 23) a model obtained with massive computational effort: According to this, the supermassive black holes formed at the same time as “their” galaxies, and very quickly.
According to today's belief, the beginning of the formation of galaxies is not normal matter consisting of atoms, but dark matter, that unknown substance which, according to cosmologists, makes up 23 percent of the universe. (72 percent is said to be the even more mysterious dark energy, only 5 percent normal matter.) This dark matter clumps together to form halos, the spherical structures of galaxies. In the very dense early universe, no stars at all, but black holes were created, says John Wise: “We don't need a lot of physics to understand that, just how dark matter is distributed and how gravity influences it.” By the way The new model calculation shows that massive black holes are much more common than previously assumed. (tk)
("Die Presse", print edition, January 24th, 2019)
- Why is America so weird
- How can we explain free market capitalism?
- Solar panels have become even more efficient
- Is Delhi's pollution hyped
- What career requires manipulating other people
- Can running help me get better?
- Is affiliate marketing real
- Where are most of the Tamils staying in Mumbai
- Are US coins a good investment?
- Most Filipinos are xenophobic
- What is international trade the result
- Are Japanese xenophobic
- Is the fasting diet really safe for your health
- Is deer hunting necessary
- What do you hate about Quora 1
- How is your life and its goal
- Meaning taken in a relationship
- Singapore is the Israel of Asia
- What if video games never existed?
- How can people fly to North Korea
- How popular is JD com in China
- Can you have alcohol at Disneyland
- What's your favorite area in Fresno
- Will Pakistan take action against the leaders of Pro Khalistan
- Are satellites visible from space stations
- Where can I advertise my partner products
- Why is Quora deleting my answers
- What is PPM
- Has someone died of celiac disease
- Radiologists get cancer
- Is banana the most nutritious fruit
- What are the diamond ring types
- How many requests can NGINX process