Does a rental car have liability insurance
Does personal liability insurance cover damage to a rental car?
While moving, I accidentally touched the rear-view mirror of a VW T4 with my rental car (Mercedes Vito bus), which then jumped out (i.e. not completely driven off). There was no damage to my vehicle.
The driver of the T4 was right there when it happened and then wanted to pay me 500 € for the "damage", which actually wasn't damage. But there was obviously also another damage to the mirror, which must have happened before through own fault (front, deep plastic scratch, opposite direction).
Since we couldn't come to an agreement, we called the police. This then mediated and regulated the exchange of contacts and pointed out that this is actually no real damage, but the mirror can be hooked again - we should clarify everything else between us.
My rental vehicle was then taken back from the rental without any complaints on the same evening, I had not reported the accident because the woman wanted to contact me directly and no obvious damage had occurred.
But now, four weeks later, the rental company contacts me and says that a woman came into the shop with a bill and now wants money from the rental for the mirror. I'm supposed to take a stand and pay the bill.
So far so good, but I suspect that the nice woman wants to blame me for another damage to the mirror. How do I proceed now? Report to my insurance company? Does liability take over the settlement of claims? The woman addressed the rental company directly and not directly to me - and they didn't know anything because obviously no damage had occurred.
Thanks for the answers ...
- What happens when you sharpen a pencil
- How do I play chess against myself
- Why is evil seen as evil?
- Why are robotic vacuums round
- What does a computer repair technician do
- How bad is it to eat shit for dogs
- What are the most interesting conspiracy theories
- There are Black Friday offers on Amazon
- Does the number 12 matter to Christians?
- Who uses ggplot2
- What is TCP IP
- How is life with a low salary
- How big should slider patties be
- Video games are too expensive in India
- How do blacksmiths add carbon to steel
- What is the difference between communism and socialism
- What is Apple's USP
- How do I take a picture
- How long is a meter
- Will Brexit destroy the Labor Party?
- Which is the best school in Siliguri
- What is the deadliest disease of all time
- A landlord can refuse to fix things
- What is your identity