What are the five odd numbers
Headline Psychology: The "3-5-7 Rule" of Character Numbers
Consultants have known for a long time: Odd numbers are better received by customers than even numbers. When concepts and presentations are created, they are structured according to the “3-5-7 rule”, and for headings on the web it is also advisable to use “7 tips”, “3 golden rules” or “5 ways to optimize time management "To choose so that as many readers as possible click on it. But why is that so?
There is no really well-founded scientific explanation for the "3-5-7 rule". But these odd numbers are also called the numbers with character. They convey strength - maybe because they are prime numbers that are not divisible?
Wrong numbers for prices
We all also know that prices are much better received by customers if they consist of crooked numbers that are just below the calculated sales price. 1,295 euros sounds cheaper than 1,300 euros - and 97 euros better than 100 euros. However, one should be careful when using nines - they quickly sound like “cheap”, such as 99.99 euros or 1,299 euros.
Another phenomenon in pricing is that prices that can be divided by 6 are perceived as likeable and attractive. Daily rates of 1,200 euros are easier to convey in management consulting than 1,000 euros, and 3,600 euros for developing a concept are easier to sell than for 3,400 euros.
Write out numbers or not?
Numbers should remain numbers in headings, this saves characters and leads to an almost compulsive urge to click on the headline. This “counting” is probably due to the fact that as toddlers we all counted by the hand of our parents and grandparents while learning to speak, climbing stairs, being fed, finger games ...
In the text, however, written out numbers convey a higher value, digits are more practical, but precisely because of that they are also more common.
Image source: Morguefile - Alvimann
For almost twenty years in the "free wilderness" Eva Siefeldt founded both a registered cooperative for business start-ups in 2004 and an academy for the training of social media entrepreneurs in 2011. For a long time she was a lecturer and trainer for marketing, communication and social media. Today she works as a coach for people in professional change. Your strength is to accept current situations, to recognize visions and to develop strategies together with your clients, which also prove themselves in practice. Mobile: 0176 80528749 - Email: [email protected]steadynews.de
- How difficult is the IIT JEE
- Who was the first bad Roman emperor
- How is our relationship with God
- Doctors drop babies
- How is the LHMC Hostel
- Is it snowing in Kaiserslautern?
- What makes you want everything you want
- How is your life and its goal
- Is this sentence correct Who does this pen belong to?
- How long have you been reading Quora?
- Should the US have Medicare for everyone
- What do the people of Arunachal Pradesh eat
- Freedom of expression is restricted
- Is Mathematica faster than FORTRAN
- What makes a criminal gang
- What is the oldest known breed
- How does the coupling of Markov chains work
- Which profession is the best
- What should i do when i'm 20
- Why do I need web hosting
- What are functions of time in physics
- What are warning signs in a relationship
- How similar is Pashto Kurdish
- What should I eat in the morning