Are postdoctoral research jobs competitive
Brandenburg Postdoc Prizes awarded in 2015
Prime Minister Dietmar Woidke and Science Minister Sabine Kunst presented this year's Postdoc Prizes of the State of Brandenburg at a festive ceremony today in Potsdam. For the ninth time, the state is honoring the outstanding research achievements of the young scientific talents at its universities and non-university research institutions by awarding a state award. Historian Dr. Franziska Rehlinghaus from the Center for Contemporary History Research (ZZF) in Potsdam. The postdoc award in the natural and engineering sciences category goes to evolutionary biologist Dr. Luis Valente from the University of Potsdam. As part of the festive event, the best graduates of each year from the Brandenburg universities were also honored.
Prime Minister Dietmar Woidke said:“With this award, the state government is making the extraordinary importance of young researchers for our state clear. They drive scientific development, secure international competitiveness and help us to survive successfully in the global knowledge society. It has now been 25 years since the first universities and research centers started operating here. Their excellent work has advanced our state, Berlin-Brandenburg has become one of the best research regions in all of Europe. The good quality of academic training and research is now a quality feature of the science location. That is a signal to the potential offspring from home and abroad. "
Science Minister Sabine Kunst congratulates the winners: "The selection process for this year's postdoc award winners has once again shown the enormous potential of young scientific talents in the state of Brandenburg. Ms. Rehlinghaus and Mr. Valente have shown excellent research achievements - I hope that the award serves as confirmation and motivation for the successful continuation of their scientific career. A.In the past year, some students at the Brandenburg universities again completed their studies with particularly outstanding results - I would also like to congratulate you very much on your excellent graduation. Your achievements are proof of the committed and successful training performance of our universities“so art.“To further strengthen the promotion of young researchers, we are establishing a state postdoc academy as a Install a new, nationwide advisory and qualification network in order to promote the potential of highly qualified postdocs at our scientific institutions even more effectively in the future. "
The Postdoc Prize of the State of Brandenburg has been awarded to postdocs in the two categories of social sciences and humanities as well as natural and engineering sciences for the past year at scientific institutions in Brandenburg awarded outstanding research work. The prize is endowed with 20,000 euros each in both categories. Half of the prize money is freely available to the winners, the other half is used to support the winners' scientific projects.
After a written assessment of the applications by members of the Berlin-Brandenburg Academy of Sciences and Humanities, the three best-rated candidates in both categories had the opportunity to personally present their research to the jury in the jury meeting. The jury's decision was made on the basis of the written reports and the oral presentation. The jury for awarding the Postdoc Prize consists of ten scientists, chaired by Prof. Dr. Günter Stock, CEO of the Einstein Foundation Berlin and former President of the Berlin-Brandenburg Academy of Sciences.
The historian Dr. After completing her bachelor's degree in political and historical sciences, Franziska Rehlinghaus completed her master's degree in history at the Ruhr University in Bochum and also did her doctorate in Bochum in the field of contemporary history. Since 2014 she has been working as a research assistant at the Center for Contemporary History Research (ZZF) in Potsdam. It was there that she wrote her excellent work, in which she deals with the question of how the Protestant churches were able to regain the authority to interpret burial and death in 19th century Germany and to draw their ritual design largely unrivaled. According to the jury's verdict, Franziska Rehlinghaus has presented an excellent work on an exciting contemporary historical issue that is characterized by great methodological quality and an innovative research approach.
The evolutionary biologist Dr. Luis Valente was born in Portugal and studied biology and ecology in London. His evolutionary biology doctorate at the University of Madrid was followed by postdoc positions at Imperial College London. Luis Valente is currently working on a fellowship from the Alexander von Humboldt Foundation at the Institute for Biochemistry and Biology at the University of Potsdam. In his study, which was awarded the Postdoc Prize, he and two co-authors investigate how the species diversity among birds on the Galapagos Islands has developed over millions of years. To this end, the biologist and his team have developed a new statistical method that can be applied to genetic information. Luis Valente's research particularly impressed the jury with its highly innovative approach and excellent methodology.
The following graduates were honored as the best of their year:
- Stephanie Günther, University of Potsdam, Master in Education
- Philipp Meinecke, University of Potsdam, Master in Ecology / Evolution / Nature Conservation
- Anika Giller, European University Viadrina Frankfurt (Oder), Master in International Business Administration
- Dawid Piotr Ligocki, European University Viadrina Frankfurt (Oder), 1st state examination in law
- Alexander Acker, BTU Cottbus-Senftenberg, Bachelor of Computer Science
- Robert Scheffler, BTU Cottbus-Senftenberg, Bachelor of Computer Science
- Tom Wahlicht, BTU Cottbus-Senftenberg, Master in Biotechnology
- Sascha Wichmann, Brandenburg University of Applied Sciences, Bachelor of Mechatronics / Automation Systems
- Bernadette Maria Wüchner, University of Applied Sciences Potsdam, Bachelor of Product Design
- Claudia Lenz, Eberswalde University for Sustainable Development, Bachelor in Wood Technology
- Markus Koch, University of Applied Sciences of the Police, Bachelor Police Enforcement Service / Police
- Laura Vanessa Bachmann, University of Applied Sciences for Finance, graduate in finance
- Markus Höfler, Elstal Theological University, Master in Protestant Theology
- Gabriel Imran, University of Applied Sciences for Sport and Management Potsdam, Bachelor Sport / Applied Sport Science
PM as pdf
- Where can I buy Brazilian bikini bottoms
- Can Germany have nuclear submarines?
- When I'm anal down I'm gay
- Dark matter could have an electromagnetic field
- How do I get free PayPal money
- Can I smoke meth mixed with tobacco?
- Trust really is work in any relationship
- Is there really a mental disorder
- Why was Albus Potter in Slytherin
- Can a mechanical engineer work at NASA?
- Is racism against Asians common in France?
- Is our world actually spatially 4-dimensional
- Was Nero the last emperor
- What if every country attacked China?
- What is depth psychology
- People hunt blue whales
- Why is the middle class important
- What makes a person really happy?
- Is Professor Umbridge a Death Eater
- How many crores are I billions of dollars
- In which country are electronic goods cheaper
- Dark matter touches known matter
- How can I describe my feelings
- How do people afford expensive things?