What is the nature of numbers
Small and large numbers of nature
Research the sizes (in m) of the objects listed below on the Internet and enter them in the table.
Always add new lines to the correct place in the table (from the largest value to the smallest value)!
Size of an electron, proton, chromosome, DNA, lead atom, hydrogen atom, statue of liberty, tallest building in the world, Mount Everest, diameter of the earth, distance from earth to sun, distance to the nearest star, one light year, diameter of the Milky Way, ...
- Human, 1.8 meters - classification at one
- Hydrogen atom diameter 100 picometers - Classification by Pico, trillionths
- Sun 1 000 000 000 m - classification at Giga, billion
- Very large and very small numbers are specified using powers of ten in floating point notation. Your calculator also uses this representation.
Interesting numbers about an object and calculations
Select an object from the film at the beginning of the course and do some research on the internet for interesting numbers.
Think about calculations and do them.
Present your object and the calculations in a presentation.
Example planet earth:
Information for teachers
Subject matter mathematics Relation to the subject curriculum Know and be able to use the power notation School level 7th grade Expenditure of time 1 - 2 teaching units Action dimension
- Knowledge and understanding
- Apply and design
2. Information, data and media literacy
2.1 Search and find
2.1.2 Pupils plan specifically and independently the search for information, data and digital content with the help of suitable strategies and methods (e.g. search terms), suitable tools or useful sources.
3.Operating systems and standard applications
3.3 Presentation software
3.3.1 Schoolchildren create presentations using pictures, graphics and other objects,
3.3.2 Pupils observe the basic rules of presentation (e.g. meaningful pictures, short texts)
3.4.2 Pupils create, change and format tables,
Tags: Math, floating point representation, powers of ten, large numbers, small numbers, presentations, internet research, spreadsheets
- Have you ever had a nerf battle
- How can you avoid back pain
- Is Dubai good for jobs
- How are people who buy groceries wrong
- What do asexual and bisexual mean
- Which Scrabble tiles are the most valuable
- Blogger Marketing is dying
- Why do you hate Queen Elizabeth II
- What is the chemical process of digestion
- What's your GPA
- What are examples of African countries
- Heliotrope is toxic to cats
- What is big data processing
- Is NASA's moon mission fake?
- How can I deal with depression
- What are the cons of WordPress
- Are dogs aware of the length of time
- Should Donald Trump be charged
- Which frog species do other frogs eat
- Are influenza flu vaccines safe
- What happened on your last birthday
- When do you test the hypothesis
- How do I find a good CPA
- Why are significant numbers important to the chemist