Is retinol effective
Retinol in the test: this is how effective the miracle weapon against wrinkles and impurities is
We tested retinol, because if you want healthy, wrinkle-free skin, you can't avoid retinol. Retinol in the test - that is our conclusion.
"Retinol, Retinol, Retinol"is what the dermatologist says when asked about a really effective cream for all-round beautiful and healthy skin. Hardly at home, already googled. Dr. Worldwideweb also says: "Yes, retinol is a pure miracle drug" against skin aging and wrinkles. As a face cream and as a serum. The next day I bought the retinol cream, the cream with vitamin A acid that is supposed to remove pimples, wrinkles and blackheads. The result of the application? You read here!
What is retinol?
In another article we have already written some detailed information about the active ingredient retinol, but again briefly:
Retinol is the technical term for provitamin-A, which is used in low doses in creams or serums. As an active ingredient, retinol has such a good influence on our skin and our complexion, as it stimulates cell division and renewal. The result: The skin produces new cells at its best, thus become Wrinkles are reduced and elasticity restored and Impurities sound much fasterfrom. That is why it is also traded as the anti-aging secret weapon! Pigment spots also fade faster and faster. In addition, pimples are said to have a harder time reappearing with regular use of retinol. Sounds like a real dream and the long-awaited aid that we would have liked to have known about during our puberty.
Experience report: why did the retinol test?
It's been a long time since a pimple - but the red spot where the nasty beast annoyed me will stay with me for another three weeks. As soon as it has faded halfway, the next crater is already looming - a tragedy. And anyway, my skin is a little TOO oily, TOO uneven, TOO pale now and then. It's not the end of the world, but it's not really beautiful either. You feel the same way? Then you were probably just as flabbergasted and skeptical when reading the above description of retinol as I was when I found out about vitamin A. Sounds too good to be true? I was thinking the same thing. But I was taught better.
Experience report: which retinol did I use in the test?
- I was spoiled for choice. If you look on the net, you will see hundreds of products, most of which are quite expensive. Average price: 60 euros. Really now? Too expensive. So I kept looking and Found pretty great alternatives with good ingredients like hyaluronic acid on Amazon. Almost 7000 first-class customer reviews at the "Retinol Serum from Bioniva" then convinced me. At around 20 euros, the recipe is not mega cheap - but not mega expensive either. Even so, it seems to be effective in its effects.
- My choice would almost be on the face cream"Mother Nature Retinol Cream" (about 22 euros), which was even voted "Amazon's Choice", but unfortunately it does not have hyaluronic acid. The face cream too"Poppy Austin Retinol Cream" (approx. 26 euros) almost tempted me to buy, but at first I just wanted to decide on one product and then maybe switch again later and make a comparison.
- The great thing about the three products is that they are not only naturally organic and vegan, but are also enriched with soothing ingredients such as shea butter, jojoba oil, hyaluronic acid or green tea and provide moisture. The hydrating concentration bends retinoic acid prevents the skin from drying out - and makes the creams applicable to different skin types.
Experience report and test result: Was I satisfied with the result of the retinol serum?
- Probably nobody will believe what I am writing now. But I actually have DIRECTLY a positive effect can see. After just one application. Over night. And that despite the fact that I had to deal with impurities and countless "aids" for years. In the package insert I read that after applying the serum for the first time a slight tingling sensation on the face may be felt. That would be due to the acidity of vitamin A. In addition, the cream should not be used every day at first, but only two to three times a week in order to slowly get used to the vitamin A active ingredient. An amount the size of a blueberry is perfectly enough to get into the layers of the skin without causing irritation.
- Since my skin and I are quite robust and I had some fruit acid applications as a young girl, I neither felt a tingling sensation, nor did I apply the retinol serum to my face only a few times a week. The full program soon, I thought to myself. But at this point I would like to recommend to you, the serum actually to be applied only once every two to three daysto see how your skin reacts. So do not be unsettled by a possible initial tingling sensation that it is completely normal. At this point I would also like to give the all-clear: Retinol is not an aggressive or dangerous product in low doses, we all have differently sensitive skin and it is better to feel carefully than to press the whole tube right away!
- But now back to the first visible results. The day after using retinol, my skin actually felt great fresh and new at, looked somehow more balanced, even and hydrated. The complexion was slightly refined. In the places where there were little pimples before, The skin and the first layers of skin "peeled off" a little. As if the pimples "fall off" on their own. I was blown away! And even today, after two years of loyal retinol customers, I can say: I can't do without this serum. It is really a guarantee for radiantly beautiful, firm and even skin - and impurities and pigment spots really only have a few chances to reappear. Why don't you give it a try? - even with acne! The cell-renewing effect of the retinoids let acne subside after a while. And I'm sure you too will soon be of one heart and soul with retinol creams!
Can I go to the solarium while using retinol?
- Experts do not recommend going to the solarium and exposing yourself to intense sunlight while using retinol. Products containing retinol stimulate cell renewal and make the skin more sensitive to UV radiation (photosensitization) and skin irritation. If you use retinol at night, you should definitely use a hydrating day cream with sun protection factor in the morning.
- It is not absolutely forbidden to visit the solarium while using retinol, but it is common knowledge that nothing is more harmful to the skin than UV radiation that causes skin damage and nicotine. If you CANNOT do without a visit to the solarium, take a retinol break one or two days before the visit and be sure to wear one Day care with a high sun protection factor on. But it is better for your skin not to go to the solarium while using retinol. That's for sure.
Retinol test: can I also use retinol as an eye cream?
Absolutely! Because there, too, the miracle weapon ensures the same effect as it does for the entire complexion - wrinkles and lines are reduced, elasticity is restored and the cell renewal of the skin cells is stimulated. You can apply your retinol cream to the entire face and no longer need an extra eye cream. The concentration is not too high for the thin eye area. If retinol does irritate the area around your eyes, leave out this area and use hyaluronic acid to fill in lines.
Retinol creams are particularly gentle in combination with the active ingredient Bakuchiol. Here we have already reported on a very good and effective product made from Bakuchiol and Retinol.
3 Myths About Retinol And The Truth Behind It
- Retinol (vitamin A) makes you sterile: If pure vitamin A acid (tretinoin) is used internally, for example against rosacea or severe acne, preparations containing retinol can damage the fruit in the body. However, this is a much more extreme treatment, such as isotretinoin, than applying a retinol serum daily overnight. However, if you want to be on the safe side, you should avoid all retinol and retinoids during pregnancy and use an anti-wrinkle cream or moisturizer without vitamin A.
- Retinol should not be used as night care in summer: There is no question that retinol makes the skin permeable to UV rays and therefore more susceptible to skin damage (photosensitization). The uppermost horny layer is removed by the peeling effect and the skin loses its natural protection against UV radiation. During the summer vacation, in which you spend the entire day in the sun, you should therefore take a retinol break. Otherwise, especially in the In the sunny months of the year, ALWAYS use a day cream with a sun protection factor during retinol application in Germany in order to counteract skin aging.
- Sensitive skin should stay away from retinol: This myth is not entirely true. Retinol can irritate sensitive skin, but that's not the death sentence for retinol. There are different levels of concentrated creams and serums. If you are of the opinion that you cannot tolerate retinol, you can get advice from a professional in a pharmacy.
According to the study: Retinol can prevent skin cancer
It almost sounds too good to be true. In addition to the many positive effects on the skin, retinol can also prevent skin cancer! This was confirmed by a study by the specialist journal for dermatology "JAMA Dermatology". The 123,000 test persons were divided into five groups. According to the study, the group with the most vitamin A intake has one 17 percent lower risk of squamous cell carcinoma (SCC), the second most common form of skin cancer. Wow! You can read more about the study here.
FAQ: Ingredients related to retinol and their explanation
In our research on the subject of retinol, we repeatedly stumble upon ingredients and names that we are not familiar with. We have compiled the most common ones for you here, including an explanation.
- Retinyl Palminate: Retinyl Palminate is a retinol precursor that is first converted into retinol in the skin through chemical reactions. This inactive form is less potent, but also milder to the skin at the same time.
- Sorbitan Olivate: Sorbitan Olivate is a PEG-free emulsifier based on olive oil fatty acids. Thus it is particularly gentle on the skin and well tolerated.
- Acrylates: Acrylate works as a binding agent in cosmetic products.
Sources: verbrauchzentrale.de, minimed.at
Editor's note: This article contains, among other things, product recommendations. When selecting the products, we are free from the influence of third parties. For a mediation via our affiliate links, we receive a commission from the relevant service provider / online shop, with the help of which we can continue to offer independent journalism.
- What are some innovative ideas for business
- Why can't food brands contain medication
- The Vietnamese eat ph for breakfast
- Why are lawyers perceived as risk averse?
- What does Batman use to kill Superman
- What is good teacher training
- What are some companies like Dalberg
- What does Kemalangan Jiwa mean in Malay
- How do I make money with Luno
- Are potatoes okay for high cholesterol
- Who needs green grass in Chennai?
- Should be taxed on the government
- The most common problems when playing online
- Is there such a thing as a fifth dimension
- Can lead to lead poisoning if inhaled
- How do I get free money illegally
- Singaporeans are a mixed race
- What is your self philosophy
- When did video games become popular?
- Michael Landon was a Christian
- Pays Quora Top Authors 1
- Is chicken unhealthy for women
- What is Trump's America First Policy
- What are some examples of superficial scholarship