What is arteriosclerotic heart disease ASHD
Atherosclerosis - Symptoms and Consequences
- Top Topics
hay feverThe nose is runny, the eyes itchy: spring is not a good time for hay fever sufferers. What you can do.
Go outsideOvercoming your weaker self: We have 10 arguments for you why you should exercise outdoors.
Breast cancerBreast cancer is the most common cancer in women. If it is recognized in time, the chances of treatment are good.
- Diseases & Symptoms
- Prevention & Health
nutritionA healthy and balanced diet supports the immune system and can protect against many diseases.
Fitness and wellnessSport and relaxation are good for body and soul. The best fitness exercises, tips for skin and hair and relaxation for the soul.
Skin careProper skin care should be tailored to the individual skin type. What do I have to consider?
- Age & care
Health in old ageMuch changes in old age. You can find information and tips on the topics of sexuality, sport and avoiding falls here.
Advice and help in everyday lifeWhat should you watch out for when driving a car, how do you adapt your apartment to your age? The following information about tools, legal and counseling services.
Care, finance & lawThe number of people needing care increases. You can find out everything you need to know about long-term care insurance, retirement homes and rehabilitation here.
- Homeopathy & Naturopathy
Medicinal plant lexiconMedicinal plants help against many ailments - the knowledge about the effects of the plants has often been passed down over millennia.
Homeopathic remediesHomeopathic remedies have been used to naturally support health and wellbeing for over 200 years.
Bach flowersEssences of Bach flower should have a harmonizing effect. The teaching according to Dr. Bach says that diseases can be cured by it.
- Videos & self-tests
Heart attack, stroke, kidney failure, intermittent claudication, impotence
Atherosclerosis is an insidious disease because it develops slowly and often does not cause any symptoms for years or decades. The doctor usually only diagnoses the disease when, for example, cardiac arrhythmias, angina pectoris or sudden paralysis appear as the harbingers of a stroke. Depending on where in the body the arteriosclerotic plaques are most pronounced, symptoms appear in the heart, brain, extremities or kidneys as a result of insufficient blood flow. Serious secondary diseases are possible.
Atherosclerosis and Coronary Heart Disease (CHD)
If the plaques appear in the arteries that supply the heart muscle with blood, doctors speak of coronary artery disease (CHD) or coronary sclerosis. It often manifests itself as a tightness in the chest or left chest pain. Doctors then refer to these symptoms as angina pectoris. A heart attack occurs when a coronary artery suddenly becomes completely blocked and part of the heart muscle dies.
Atherosclerosis and stroke
If atherosclerosis is particularly pronounced in the carotid arteries and arteries of the brain, a sudden blockage - for example due to a thrombus - can trigger a stroke. But even if the blood pressure suddenly drops sharply, there is sometimes a threatening undersupply of certain regions of the brain.
Arteriosclerosis and kidney damage
If the renal arteries are narrowed by deposits, this severely restricts the functionality of these filter and excretory organs. Initially, the damage proceeds without any noticeable signs. However, a urine test shows the first signs of kidney damage. If the disease progresses, it manifests itself with constant exhaustion. At the end there is kidney failure, which necessitates blood washing (dialysis).
Atherosclerosis and peripheral arterial occlusive disease (PAD)
Sometimes arteriosclerosis also occurs particularly in the pelvic and leg arteries. Peripheral arterial occlusive disease (PAD), also known as intermittent claudication or smoker's leg, occurs. The signs of circulatory disorder: With prolonged exertion, the legs hurt. Later, the symptoms appear after a short distance. Those affected have to stop for a moment, only then does the pain subside. Many hide this with a break in front of the shop window, which is where the disease got its name from. PAD is feared, among other things, because in the late stage tissue can die due to insufficient blood flow and a lower leg amputation is necessary.
Atherosclerosis and impotence
For the function of the sexual organs in women and men alike, an intact blood flow is a prerequisite. Because the blood vessels in the penis and clitoris are particularly fine, arteriosclerosis quickly becomes apparent here. Libido and erectile dysfunction are therefore also possible as early consequences. If they occur, they should always be taken seriously as a possible warning sign of arteriosclerosis.
Arteriosclerosis and periodontal disease
In addition, as a result of poor blood circulation in arteriosclerosis, periodontitis, i.e. inflammation of the gums, often occurs. If left untreated, it can lead to loss of teeth.
- Author: Kirsten Gaede, medical journalist, Charité - Universitätsmedizin Berlin, Dr. med. Karin Vogt, dermatologist and phlebologist at the Vivantes Clinic Neukölln in Berlin; medical quality assurance: Cornelia Sauter, doctor.
- Swell: M. Dietel, N. Suttorp, M. Zeitz (eds.): Harrison's internal medicine, ABW Verlag, Berlin, 2006 (16th edition)
- Can you make 10,000 with Clickbank
- How do I rebuild my body healthily
- Do children need something to eat
- How do you express your pansexuality
- What types of software projects are there
- How to lose weight after pregnancy
- How do baby boomers think
- Which topics on Quora get more views
- Which theme should I use in WordPress
- What is direct work
- What is your favorite UK supermarket?
- Which is right Lakh or Lac
- Type 2 diabetes 100 is genetic
- Accepts Harvard GMAT points
- How popular is football in Canada
- Chinese hate white people
- What's bad about marijuana
- Really killed Hashirama Madara
- Why don't Australians tip
- Smart people are more afraid
- What if no SMS is sent
- Dabur rose water causes cancer
- Is it Safe to Drink Melted Plastic?
- How much is 35 billion rupees
- How does antibiotic resistance develop
- Why is China an international trading giant
- What is a customer journey
- Why is Yoast SEO better
- Why is my Facebook Messenger temporarily unavailable
- Can we take medication with hot water?
- Is terraforming really possible?
- Which HYIP systems are legitimate
- What makes healthy fats healthy
- Any 1 Website Builder Apps