Shows the NCIC misdemeanor
A year earlier, according to the documents, a delivery service of less than a gram of cocaine earned him a sentence of six months in prison.
In 2001, according to "Snopes," Floyd was detained for 15 days for failing to identify himself to a police officer. This information cannot be found in the Sharepic.
In 2002, according to the files, Floyd was caught by the police with less than a gram of cocaine. The same thing happened to him in 2005. A year earlier, according to the police, Floyd wanted to transfer less than a gram of cocaine to someone else. During this period there was also trespassing in 2003. For these offenses, Floyd received a total of 30 months in prison, according to "Snopes".
The most serious crime of Floyd can be proven with the documents in 2007. He was sentenced to five years' imprisonment in 2009 for aggravated robbery with a "deadly weapon" after showing up guilty. He was released on parole in 2013.
Floyd's criminal history is also mentioned in various local articles about him, for example in the Texas monthly American magazine "Texas Monthly".
According to an autopsy report, Floyd had metamphetamines in his body, but also fetanyl. It should be noted that the presence of these substances in the body does not indicate that Floyd was "high" as it is claimed at the time of his death. Floyd had 0.019 mg / L metamphetamine in his blood. According to the University of Rochester Medical Center, this is in the range of values that can also occur when testing patients with therapeutic and prescribed use of amphetamines.
Other claims that can be found in the above social media postings cannot be clearly confirmed or refuted. For example, it is not clear whether Floyd was about to leave the car. In the reconstruction of the incident by the "New York Times" it is at least clear that the police are pulling Floyd out of the car from the driver's seat.
In addition, no evidence could be found that the victim of the 2007 robbery was pregnant as claimed in the Sharepics. Since the Sharepics sometimes use a very charged language, caution is required in any case, even if the majority of the information can be verified.
If you want to contact the fact check team or would like to encourage fact checks on relevant topics, please write to [email protected]
Florian Schmidt / Valerie Schmid
- What is the strategy to accumulate stocks
- What is the benefit of guest posting
- Why are power lines buzzing
- Why is there so much censorship these days
- What was the Roman Republic
- When did Romans become Italians?
- Does college really matter
- What is sampling in research
- Why is a tractor not an automobile
- How do MailChimp and ActiveCampaign compare
- Are Webinars Effective for Selling Courses Online?
- What does the paradox of education mean
- What is a field of developmental psychology
- Vietnam is actually richer than the Philippines
- What if your girlfriend is a hooker
- What do Malaysians think of Kazakhstan
- How was the name of Jesus Christ originally pronounced?
- How long do fire extinguishers last
- What are 8 Interesting Facts About You
- What is the future of quantitative finance
- How dangerous is smallpox
- Who was Sirius Black's love interest
- What is special about muons
- Who built the first glass house