What are the benefits of eating celery
Celery: Much more than a soup vegetable
The celery is a type of plant from the umbelliferae family, which also includes carrots and parsnips. It is available as celery sticks and celeriac. There are a number of myths about him. The celery, which has been known in the Mediterranean for over 3000 years, has the reputation of a successful sexual enhancer (“celery for the groom”). However, whether this effect goes beyond a placebo effect is scientifically controversial. The fact is, however, the high mineral and vitamin content of the vegetables. As always, the important question for the eurapon raw food guide is: Can celery be eaten raw? The answer and even more interesting facts about celery in tuber and stick form will be available soon ...
Eat celery raw: Contains vitamins and minerals
That already answers the question: Yes, celery can be consumed raw in any form without hesitation. Since some of the heat-sensitive vitamins can evaporate when you cook, you should in fact! You can eat celery raw as a snack or in a salad. Celeriac tastes delicious as a raw vegetable salad in combination with carrots and apples. Celery is also a key ingredient in green smoothies, alongside apples and ginger. Some also like to add a few leaves of baby spinach to the healthy drink.
The entire celery plant is edible raw and offers tons of health benefits:
Antioxidant flavonoids: These phytochemicals are micronutrients that are believed to have anti-inflammatory and cancer-preventing effects and which can reduce viruses, bacteria and fungi. The flavonoids also serve as a defense system for the plant.
Different essential oils: The essential oils of celery can be used for a variety of ailments: Add two to four drops of oil and a spoonful of honey to a glass of water or tea. Celery oil has an appetite-increasing and dehydrating effect, stimulates the metabolism and digestion, helps with exhaustion and can have a positive effect on gout symptoms.
At Vitamins the following are included: A, C, K, D, B1, B2, B6.
Also are still Potassium, calcium and sodium, as Magnesium, folic acid and iron contained in celery. The high potassium content has a detoxifying effect and is supposed to help with bladder and kidney problems.
Due to the fiber it contains and the low number of calories, you can also eat celery for weight loss.
Only if you suffer from various allergies should you clarify whether there is no cross-allergy when consuming celery.
In ancient Egypt, celery was used against a wide variety of ailments, for example gout, rheumatism, inflammation of all kinds and even depression. Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) uses celery for high blood pressure, and Ayurveda uses it as the drug of choice for dementia.
Little celery botany
The celery is also known under the name of bleached celery or celery. The perennial grows up to 40 cm high and has many fleshy stems. The pinnate leaves are similar to parsley and are also edible. In the case of celery, only the above-ground part of the plant is used. Celeriac is a plant in its own right. The celery known to us developed from the swamp or wild celery, which still grows on the Mediterranean coasts, but also on the North and Baltic Seas. It is grown worldwide where the climate is temperate, especially in Europe, Siberia, North America and North Africa.
If you want to plant celery yourself at home, you have to start sowing the seeds early (early March). In May you can put the plants in a bed. Celery needs a nutrient-rich soil that is continuously watered. The celery fly or voles can ensure that the desired harvest does not occur.
You can store celery bulbs in the refrigerator for quite a while if you wrap them in a damp cloth. Celery sticks can also last up to 14 days in a plastic bag if stored in a cool place.
When shopping for celery, look for green, not wilted leaves and firm stems with a fresh cut. With celeriac, the tuber should be firm and cut tubers should not show any discoloration.
- Is teeth cleaning harmful to the teeth
- Should be taxed on the government
- Which is the cheapest guitar
- What causes constipation in teenagers
- How is your team structure
- Why are games streamed on PS Now
- What do you like about food
- Are there American snow birds in Mexico
- How do plants perceive their surroundings
- How was the name of Jesus Christ originally pronounced?
- Why do trees shed leaves in winter?
- What is the Saint Gobain Interview Process
- Men like to shop
- You can overcome the space-time continuum
- How can automation create jobs
- Why is Ghana called Ghana
- What if the Middle Ages never happened
- Which Indian film has the best climax
- What is a typical Russian lunch
- What is 50,000 kilometers from the earth
- What are the least healthy foods
- What are the cons of email
- How do I eliminate clickbait on Facebook
- Which politicians in the country have the greatest integrity
- How can I start dropshipping today
- What is the daily traffic on Pornhub
- What is the weight of a coin
- What everyday habits use up our energy
- Is Milwaukee tap water drinkable
- Which country does Sonia Gandhi come from
- An embassy recruits skilled foreign workers
- Where do I not and not use
- How currency demonetization affects forex