Can we influence the Google search results
Google ranking factors
If a URL has a keyword, the search engine derives a certain relevance for a corresponding search query. A good Google ranking is still associated with keyword URLs. However, over the years, keyword domains or subdomains have become less important. Some SEO experts also suspect a connection between the order of the words in a URL and the ranking. The central keyword has the most weight in the front area of the URL. Multiple answers should be avoided. Regardless of the ranking, keyword domains also have the advantage that the relevant search terms are highlighted in the results list by bold text.
Keyword in the title tag
The placement of relevant search terms in the title tag of an HTML page is even more important than the keyword in the URL. This defines the title of a website and is an important content element. The relevance signal that a central keyword sends out in the title tag is correspondingly strong. Here, too, it is assumed that a prominent placement at the top has a positive effect on the ranking. Keywords in the website title are shown in bold in the SERPs.
Even though Google no longer attaches as much weight to keyword density as it used to due to the high risk of manipulation, keywords in web texts are still used by the search engine to determine the topic of a website. The absolute frequency of relevant search terms in the text plays less of a role here than the question of how relevant a keyword is for a specific text. Google uses the TF-IDF (Term Frequency Inverse Document Frequency) of a page, i.e. the keyword density in relation to the inverse document frequency. In addition, so-called Latent Semantic Indexing (LSI) is used, in which a cloud of thematically related words is formed for a main keyword. In order to rank well, a text for a certain keyword should always contain other terms from the corresponding word field. If a text also covers the common synonyms of a search term, this is a strong relevance signal.
If keywords are highlighted in a text by HTML markups, this signals to the search engine that the terms within the text are particularly important. Such a text is classified as more relevant in a web search with appropriate search terms and is therefore ranked better. Keywords or keyword phrases can get through this Bold letters, italics, underlining or through the font size stand out from the rest of the hard-working text.
Keywords in headings
A special case of keyword highlighting is the placement of relevant search terms in the HTML main heading (H1) and in the subheadings (H2 and H3). Google rates keywords particularly strongly in these structural elements, as they act as a relevance signal and make it easier to understand the website content.
Google does not treat keywords as rigid templates, but is able to trace back different morphological variants of a search term to a common word stem. In addition to websites with Exact match keywords the SERPs therefore also take into account those pages on which the corresponding Keywords in declined or conjugated form Pop up. Conversely, it is assumed that texts that only contain exact match keywords could be devalued, since the bending of search terms is part of the natural creation process of texts.
Keyword in the alt attribute
As effective as the Google crawler is in interpreting texts, its understanding of image elements is inadequate. What a graphic depicts and whether it is thematically related to the rest of the website content reveals to him only the information stored in the HTML code. For a good ranking in the search engine, you should therefore store the essential information in the name of the file, in the title and in the caption as well as in the alt attribute. The latter is used to describe an image and is displayed as alternative text in the event of display errors.
- Who will win the Punjab election 1
- What is Stanford CA known for
- Is it okay to eat at midnight
- What are the causes of being underweight
- What is the goal of the algorithm
- What is a brief inspirational message
- What caffeine counteracts
- Where can you meet a decent man
- What is the paradox of time
- Can I join the SAS directly?
- How can you treat smelly toenails
- What is said to be demanding in Austin, Texas
- Makes updating macOS MacBooks slower
- When will Ripple hit $ 4 again
- What are some examples of solved paradoxes
- What is Lexicographic Order
- What is a wonderful thing
- What's the strangest unsolved mystery
- Microtransactions kill gambling
- How do you lock an Instagram account?
- How can I be less cumbersome socially
- How to treat a bloody nose
- Why is ramen noodles bad for you
- Has your parachute ever failed to open?
- Why are windows made of glass
- How should I deal with a selfish woman
- How do brands use TikTok
- How strong was the Roman army
- How bad was the Cultural Revolution
- What are the most interesting conspiracy theories
- Trump has just been charged
- What is a skilled worker
- Can you describe your day
- Why did Trump's plan with Ukraine fail?