Why can't I cross my legs?
Dangerous Habit: This is why you shouldn't cross your legs
Almost everyone crosses their legs more or less often. If you also have great long legs, you can put yourself in the limelight very effectively. That has something and you do not have to do without such actions in the future, but you should significantly limit crossing your legs for the sake of your health.
Varicose veins and risk of thrombosis due to the wrong sitting position
Basically, all experts agree that you are not doing your health any good by crossing your legs. You should therefore limit the crossing of the legs to a maximum of 30 minutes at a time.
- The thesis that you get varicose veins just by crossing your legs has now been refuted. Nevertheless, there can be a causal connection between varicose veins and the constant crossing of the legs.
- Crossing the legs creates additional pressure on the blood vessels. If your blood vessels are more vulnerable anyway because you belong to a risk group, this increases the risk that the blood vessels will be damaged.
- This, in turn, can lead to extremely unsightly and uncomfortable varicose veins, among other things. In addition, this increases the risk of a dangerous thrombosis to a not inconsiderable extent.
- You belong to the risk groups, for example, if you are genetically predisposed, overweight or pregnant.
Joint damage - caused by crossing your legs
It might read a bit strange at first, but crossing your legs can also lead to significant joint damage:
- By crossing the legs, the pelvis is tilted slightly crooked. As a result, the spine, intervertebral discs and also the neck muscles are stressed on one side.
- The back muscles are used more to compensate for the crooked posture.
- In the long term, the permanent overload can lead to neck and back pain as well as problems with the intervertebral discs and the hips.
Paralysis from pinched nerves
Nerve tracts and a particularly important nerve run through our legs: the peroneal nerve runs precisely through the hollow of the knee.
- If you squeeze the nerves by crossing your legs, the nerve stimulus can no longer be passed on to the nerve tracts unhindered.
- A typical symptom of this is numbness or an uncomfortable tingling sensation in the legs. Colloquially, the symptom is often referred to as having fallen asleep.
- If this nerve paralysis is caused frequently, it can in the worst case lead to paralysis of the toes or feet.
High blood pressure from incorrect sitting position
High blood pressure is also known to be not particularly beneficial to health.
- If you have crossed your legs for a long period of time, you compress the blood vessels.
- The compressed blood vessels have a much more difficult time transporting the blood. As a result, the other blood vessels are also more stressed and can ultimately also be affected by the increased stress.
- The overstressing of the blood vessels creates dangerous high blood pressure. As soon as you put your legs next to each other again, the blood can flow unhindered, but it cannot be ruled out that the veins will be damaged by the increased stress.
Not only the wrong sitting can cause massive damage to your health, but wrong breathing can also lead to unpleasant consequences and illnesses.
- How a picture is created on the water
- How can I have simple electronics manufactured
- What is representation learning in deep learning
- How do I make money with Luno
- Why don't governments like cryptocurrencies?
- What are the characteristics of Generation Z.
- Who is the cutest member of BTS
- What race were the first humans
- Is marijuana mentioned in the Bible
- How is CPM and CPC CPA calculated
- How does your handwriting represent you?
- What helped you quit smoking?
- Technological growth is exponential
- Rent your furniture Why
- What is the healthiest non-diet soda
- What are the benefits of CPM
- What if your passion isn't paying enough
- Should nationalism override humanity
- How bad is Chow Mein for you
- Is PHP necessary for WordPress
- What makes you hesitate
- Why do we need supermarkets
- Are there blacks in Russia?
- Why did not all countries become independent?