How do I ship eBay internationally
International shipping for sellers
Via the quick setting tool
To offer international shipping with the quick setup tool:
- Go down to the section on the item pageshipping.
- UnderAdd international shipping you can choose between different shipping services.
- After you have chosen a shipping service, you can also adjust the shipping destination (worldwide or EU & Great Britain).
Via the extended sales form
To offer international shipping using the advanced sales form:
- Go down to the section on the item pageShipping Details.
- Under International Shipping you can choose between the following options:
- Calculate the same cost: They charge the same amount for shipping to all buyers regardless of their location. Enter the appropriate amount in the "Costs" field.
- Calculate actual costs: Shipping costs are calculated automatically based on the buyer's postcode and the weight and dimensions of the package.
- No shipping: only collection
- Create / edit shipping cost tables:
Shipping cost tables are helpful for some domestic regions and for international shipping, as you can enter different shipping costs there based on the country and shipping method.
Go to Manage shipping settings to set up a shipping cost table in which you can enter the following information for shipping costs in your offers:
- A flat shipping fee per country and item
- A flat rate shipping fee for each country based on weight, for example € 2.00 per kg for shipping to the UK
- A surcharge for certain countries in addition to your international shipping costs
If you select "Use my shipping costs table" in the shipping details in the sales form, your specified shipping costs from the shipping costs tables will be used.
You have the option of creating up to 40 shipping cost tables so that you can use them for various offers.
You can also add shipping cost tables to multiple active listings in My eBay> Sell. For more information, see our Edit Quotation page.
- Choose underShipping to the corresponding countries and enter underShipping methods the desired shipping company.
We may ask you to sign an international selling agreement. In doing so, you acknowledge that the principles of the other eBay websites on which these appear, such as eBay buyer protection, apply to your offers.
Sellers who participate in payment processing
Offers that you post on eBay.de and for which you offer international shipping are automatically displayed on the international eBay websites that currently support payment processing. You can also choose not to show your offers in certain countries.
As soon as your account is activated for payment processing, all current offers on international eBay websites that do not support payment processing will be terminated and the respective fees will be automatically credited. You can also list items directly on some eBay websites outside of your registered location.
In the next few months we will expand payment processing and will also increasingly support international sales in this context.
Note: Before we can process withdrawals for your international sales, you should be aware that you may need to provide additional verification information to comply with the local regulations of the websites on which you are listed. You may also need to adhere to the International Selling Policy for that location.
Special features of international shipping
When shipping internationally, your buyers' trust is even more important than usual. Your international buyers may be familiar with other sales practices and regulations. It is therefore imperative that you state clearly and unambiguously in your offers what you are offering. If possible, use a shipping service with shipment tracking.
Ship sales correctly on eBay.com
The following applies to sales on eBay.com: When choosing the shipping service provider, make sure that they meet the below mentioned requirements for tracking and tracing. This can be crucial in buyer and seller protection cases on eBay.com.
The tracking of shipments on eBay always requires one Proof of delivery. You should consider the following:
- The shipping date should show that you shipped the item within the processing time.
- The buyer's address includes at least zip code and city, better still the order details from eBay or PayPal.
- The delivery status should also confirm that the shipment has been delivered.
- A recipient's signature is required for items valued at $ 750.00 and above.
If the shipping information shows that the item is still on its way to the recipient, eBay may ask the buyer for patience.
Customs and duties
For international parcels, you need to fill out a customs form stating the contents of the parcel and its value. The customs forms are available from the post office or the shipping company.
Typically, buyers pay additional charges such as import duties, taxes, and customs clearance fees for international purchases. To avoid misunderstandings, it is advisable to state this clearly in your offers.
You can do this with the following formulation, for example:
Notice to international buyers: Import duties, taxes, and charges are not included in the item price or shipping charges.
Please check with your local customs office to determine what these additional costs may be prior to bidding or purchasing an item.
Note for international buyers: Import duties, taxes and charges are not included in the item price or shipping charges. These charges are the buyer's responsibility.
Please check with your country's customs office to determine what these additional costs will be prior to bidding / buying.
If you decide to assume the additional costs incurred, we recommend that you also note this when preparing the offer. Taking over the customs duties and taxes makes it easier for buyers to buy and thus increases your chances of selling.
Find out about the customs procedures and tax obligations of the country to which you are sending your items.
You can find more detailed information on domestic and international shipping in our principle of professional selling on eBay atShipping costs and other fees.
- Is Dubai good for jobs
- What are the worst foods for diabetes
- Why can anything make me happy?
- Will feminism be put on an equal footing
- Why is email etiquette important
- What is adult education theory
- How true is the Roswell UFO incident
- Punctuation Why did commas disappear between adjectives
- Can you achieve enlightenment without drugs
- What does in R 1
- What do Australians eat
- What is paradoxical about the St. Petersburg Paradox
- There is an animal called cancer
- What does the term CPM refer to
- How can software developers go self-employed
- What are the 10 sales models
- What healthy food should I never buy?
- Can coconut water cure sore throats
- Lead Maggi to cancer
- When did neutrinos start?
- Why is education needed
- What are the two alloys of iron
- What kind of sales are most effective
- Support protection cities