Jesus forgives atheists
Lexicon for the Kirchentag Atheist - and other views on God and faith
A Christian is a follower of Christianity. He is committed to Jesus of Nazareth and his teachings, which are handed down in the New Testament of the Bible. Part of the Christian faith is that Jesus Christ is the Son of God, that Jesus took on the guilt and sins of mankind on the cross and that the believers are forgiven by his death. Christians also believe in the resurrection of the dead.
Atheist and agnostic
An atheist believes that there is no god or gods. An agnostic assumes that the existence of a supernatural being, of a god or of gods can be assumed, but in principle cannot be rationally clarified or recognized. When asked whether there is God, an agnostic responds with "I don't know", "That is not clear" or "That cannot be answered". An atheist would answer this question in the negative and therefore could not be a believer. For the agnostic, on the other hand, ignorance does not exclude belief in a god or gods.
In addition to Christian, atheist and agnostic, there is also the term pagan. This is how people were and are often referred to who either do not belong to any religion or to another religion. It is not uncommon for the term to also serve to devalue members of other religions as unbelievers. So a pagan is by no means an unbeliever. Even those who believe in several gods or are followers of a natural religion are pagans and sometimes even call themselves that. However, representatives of these religions are now referred to as polytheists, new paganists or animists, for example.
Heretics and blasphemy
Anyone who takes a different view of the doctrine or the prevailing opinion within a religious community is considered a heretic. Anyone who publicly denies, mocks or curses the beliefs of a religion is doing blasphemy. While in Western countries many statements about belief, religion and God fall under the freedom of religion, opinion and speech, blasphemy is a criminal offense in other countries. In Saudi Arabia, Pakistan or Iran it carries the death penalty.
- Should give Quora points for answering questions
- Hong Kong has freedom of the press
- When will I be pretty?
- How much is the 1980 penny worth
- A minimum wage of 15 will cause inflation
- What does head mean in the bible
- Which sentence makes you sad
- Can a sentence start with it anyway?
- Why are most of the lower class people negative
- How to convert cm to feet
- Why do emails end up in spam
- Can mentally ill people join the military?
- What is the difference between burgundy and champagne?
- Easy money is really possible
- What Are Some Recurring Income Affiliate Programs
- How liked the product management at Uber
- Why are salaries in Canada so low?
- In which years was energy generated?
- Smoking 4 cigarettes a day badly
- Who can apply for trademark registration
- Some Amazon products are used
- How exactly does your affiliate program work
- Why do people use Instagram
- Will Trump win the 2020 election?