What causes volcanic eruptions and earthquakes
Volcanoes for schoolchildren
Do earthquakes have anything to do with volcanoes?
Yes they have. Earthquakes often occur in the same areas as volcanoes. Earthquakes and volcanoes occur particularly at the boundaries of the movable earth's crustal plates. If two plates rub against each other, an earthquake occurs. Such an earthquake is a tectonic tremor.
Most volcanic eruptions are preceded by a series of earthquakes. The earthquakes are then caused by the magma rising into the volcanic vent. With the help of these earthquakes, volcanologists can predict whether a volcano will erupt in the near future. But not every earthquake has something to do with volcanoes! Earthquakes that are directly related to volcanic eruptions are called volcanic quakes.
Earthquakes that turn into disasters and claim human lives are much more common than catastrophic volcanic eruptions. In a strong earthquake, more people usually die than in a large volcanic eruption.
Earthquakes can also trigger dangerous tidal waves. These tidal waves are called tsunamis. This word comes from Japanese and means "great harbor wave". The tsunamis got this name because they only get really high and dangerous in shallow water. In the open sea, where the water is deep, tsunamis are usually no higher than normal waves.
Tsunamis can also be caused directly by volcanic eruptions. It can happen that an entire volcanic island explodes, or large stone avalanches occur that crash into the sea and cause tsunamis.
Mountains can also form in the same places where earthquakes and volcanoes occur. If two plates of the earth's crust press against each other, they can unfold. You can easily do this with two pieces of paper. Place the edges of the leaves against each other and slide. A wave will form. This is how the Alps came into being.
- When are YouTubers paid
- Are New Yorkers really cold and mean
- What is com android contacts
- Is life a question
- Is Steam a monopoly
- Where do math symbols come from
- How to make homemade artificial snow
- What is your insanity
- We will live in heaven for eternity
- What is 2 1 3 1
- Why did you almost leave Quora
- How can I build up my body
- Who are the competitors of Cars24 com
- Is Elon Musk wrong about hydrogen
- What do you think of fast food
- How can you be more open?
- Where is the Kolkata Airport Terminal 1
- Why does dad hate me
- How does steam get a high temperature
- Do you ever get lost drawing?
- Can a Muslim work for non-Muslims
- What do Disney vacation packages include
- What is the most common fingerprint pattern
- What does the Italian word alla mean?