Why do emails end up in spam
Why do my emails end up in the spam folder?
This article shows you why your emails are in the Spam folder the recipient land. With spam folders, webmail users can prevent their inboxes from being flooded with unwanted emails. For e-mail marketing, however, the spam folder can become a critical hurdle in order to achieve the goals of a campaign, since an e-mail that ends up in the spam folder is usually not opened as intended. 😔
The solution depends on the webmail provider.
Each webmail provider is responsible for forwarding incoming messages to the inbox or the spam folder. The decision depends on several factors and each webmail provider has its own rules. If your email ends up in the spam folder in Outlook, it may be delivered to the inbox on Yahoo or Gmail.
If you notice that some of your emails land in the spam folder with a specific recipient, it does not necessarily mean that the email is treated as spam by all contacts with the same domain name. Often times, webmail providers judge based on the history of users with a particular brand.
Pay attention to your shipping reputation!
Online and / or shipping reputation is certainly the most important aspect to look out for in order to bypass the spam folder. If your sender domain name has been used to send spam in the past, the chances of your email making it to the inbox are relatively slim. On the other hand, the likelihood that your e-mails will arrive in the inboxes of your recipients is higher if you have been using your domain name to send high-quality e-mails for a long time.
Each webmail provider assigns a reputation score to your domain and IP based on their own algorithms. They observe the behavior of your recipients when they receive an email from you and use this data to evaluate your future messages:
- If your emails generate negative metrics (email is deleted without opening, reported as spam, ignored, etc.), this has a negative effect on your score and your email is more likely to end up in the spam folder.
- If your emails generate positive metrics (email is opened, clicked, replied to, forwarded, marked as important), this has a positive effect on your score And your emails are more likely to end up in recipients' inboxes.
💡 Good to know
While we talk a lot about domain reputation and IP reputation, these are not the only elements that will affect your reputation with webmail providers. Anything associated with you as the sender can have a reputation and affect the routing of your emails to the inbox: the URLs used in the content of your emails, the HTML format of your emails, your contact list etc. Changing your IP address / domain will not help you bypass the spam folder.
Transparency, consistency and common sense! 😝
- Since most of the new domains and IP addresses on the Internet are used to send spam, or worse, scam mail and fraudulent email, webmail providers typically don't like changes, novelties, or inconsistencies.
Anything new is automatically considered a potential threat, so it is important to set up and maintain a relevant and consistent Sender / IP configuration from the start.
After all, you wouldn't be moving right away just because a letter you sent through your local post office was lost along the way. If you notice that some of your emails are spam, don't change your sender configuration, contact our team if you need help.
- Persistence is a must for email to get to the inbox. If the recipients are expecting your emails and getting them at the correct interval, they are more likely to interact with it positively and improve your results.
Persistence is also reassuring for webmail providers, especially when they can predict positive interactions based on the metrics of their previous campaigns.
- Common sense is also important for a good delivery rate. If you're sending the right message to the right person at the right time, and all of this with the right frequency, your email shouldn't end up in spam.
If you have any questions, please contact our support team by creating a ticket through your account. If you don't have an account yet, you can contact us here.
- What is the antidote to lead poisoning
- What indicates high CBC hematology
- Type 2 diabetes 100 is genetic
- Which is the best luau on Oahu
- Why are Europeans obsessed with skin color
- What motivated data mining
- The universe has several dimensions
- Dabur rose water causes cancer
- How many centimeters are in 15 meters
- Are you for or against homosexuality
- What does mean in computer programming
- Your children make you happy
- Where can I buy cheap theater tickets
- Why do companies pay dividends 1
- Donald J Trump goes to jail
- What is your most memorable dining experience
- How can I add affiliate links automatically
- What is Gig Economy Professional
- I hate sex what's wrong with me
- Mercury is connected to the sun
- Is there racism in Vietnam
- How much does CPL cost
- How can I stop myself from clapping?
- Why is divorce considered worse than death?
- What should I eat for high cholesterol?
- What is a symbol of the salvation of life
- How do steroids increase muscle mass
- Why is France rich
- What's in a black hole
- What are business challenges in general?
- What is punk about cyberpunk
- What is customer segmentation
- How am I supposed to study physics now?