Which countries accept British refugee documents?
Site navigation and service
This content is also available on
EU mobility allows you to study in other Member States for up to 360 days with a for study purposes (with the exception of Ireland and Denmark). The directive did not apply to the United Kingdom even before it left the EU. Some Member States require a separate notification of this to the relevant competent authorities; You can find an overview of the procedures in the download area.
Study stays in Germany for up to 360 days
Link to the hotline Working and Living in Germany in Pictures Source: © Make it in Germany
If you already have one from another Member State for study purposes, you do not need a German one. It must be valid for the entire duration of your stay in Germany.
The German university must notify the Federal Office for Migration and Refugees of your stay in advance. This should be done as soon as your intention to study in Germany is known. In any case, the notification must be received in full 30 days before your entry.
Your personal audition at the is not necessary.
The Federal Office for Migration and Refugees will issue you with a certificate confirming your authorization to stay. The certificate is declaratory and not absolutely necessary for entry.
Communication to the Federal Office
The notification from the receiving university to the Federal Office must include the following documents:
- of the first EU country (issued for study purposes and according to the REST directive)
- recognized, valid passport / passport substitute (only a copy)
- Proof of participation in a Union or multilateral program with mobility measures or the agreement between the universities
- Admission of the receiving university
- Proof of livelihood security (including proof of health insurance)
All documents, except for the passport and the, must be submitted in German. If necessary, the BAMF can accept easily understandable, foreign-language documents and decides, however, whether the documents submitted meet the requirements. You will still find the familiar notification form in the download area. We no longer need this for the mobility notification. You can still send this notification form to the students to fill in and use it as a support for entering data in MoNa.
Note for the receiving university in Germany: The notification may only be made by the university. It can be uploaded via the following IT specialist application MoNa: https://nks.bamf.de
You can find more information on registration and transmission under "further information / downloads"
Study stays in Germany for more than 360 days
For study stays of more than 360 days in Germany, you usually need a visa for entry and one for the purpose of studying for the further stay. Further information can be found under "Studies".
- Section 16b of the Residence Act
- Section 16c of the Residence Act
- Section 19f of the Residence Act
- Directive (EU) 2016/801
- How do you start product marketing
- Can the mind exist without a brain
- Why do you need education
- Singaporeans take religion seriously
- How popular is JD com in China
- Which country has the most bakeries
- Can humans eat dry dog food?
- What is the most unique operating system
- What are some uses of the binomial distribution
- Where can I buy organic meat online
- How do I get better at boxing
- Can a cockroach die in a storm
- How is your current relationship going
- What is considered bad behavior
- Affiliate links are allowed
- What are 2 pints equal to ounces
- How do I get some money
- How is Instacarts customer service
- What colors look good with red
- The purchase of Instagram followers stays for a lifetime
- What are some interesting questions 1
- How is the measurement applied in daily life?
- What does Christmas mean for you 4
- What is a neutral English accent