What does hot dog really mean
Part of speech: noun, (neuter / male)Other spellings:
- hot dog
- Hot | dog, Plural: Hot | dogs
- IPA: [ˈHɔtdɔk]
- 1) Fast food, consisting of a warm sausage in an elongated roll that is eaten with mustard or ketchup and, if necessary, other ingredients (such as fried onions, sauerkraut, tartar sauce, mayonnaise or slices of pickled cucumber); the bun is either cut open or hollowed out lengthways in order to place the sausage in it
- Hot dog was in the 20th century by the Englishhot dog ‚literally: hot dog ‘borrowed. There is a story about cartoonist Thomas Aloysius "Tad" Dorgan about the origin of this name: In April 1901, at a sporting event in the New York Polo Grounds, he heard how frankfurter sausages with hot mustard in elongated buns were brewed in hot water as " Red Hots ”or“ Red Hot Dachshund Sausages ”were touted. This inspired him to draw a cartoon in which a dachshund-shaped sausage barked in a bun. He allegedly called this cartoon a “hot dog” because he didn't know how to write “dachshund”.
- 1) Fast food, fast food
- 1) On the occasion of his eleventh birthday there was Hot dogs to eat.
- 1) “Tourists get out of their little white rental cars, buy candy and Hot dogs.“
- 1) “The sources contradict each other a little, when the Hot dog came to Sweden. "
- Nominative: singular 1 Hot dog; Singular 2 Hot dog; Plural Hot dogs
- Genitive: singular 1 Hot dog; Singular 2 Hot dog; Plural Hot dogs
- Dative: singular 1 Hot dog; Singular 2 Hot dog; Plural Hot dogs
- Accusative: singular 1 Hot dog; Singular 2 Hot dog; Plural Hot dogs
- English: 1) hotdog
- Finnish: 1) nakkisämpylä
- French: 1) hot dog
- Italian: 1) hot dog
- Swedish: 1) varmkorv
Practical example sentences
Automatically selected examples in German:
„From Hawaii to Hot dog - what is ordered the most in Barmbek & Co.“
Mopo, September 16, 2018
„How does a real one see Hot dog from: with onions under or over the sausage? A big argument has broken out in Australia, and even the government is intervening. A call in Hot dog-Motherland Denmark.“
Spiegel Online, November 23, 2018
„An inmate gave him one on the day of his admission Hot dog thrown in the face.“
Rolling Stone, October 09, 2018
„Go to the jacket shop, across from the military surplus shop near Tom’s Hot dog State is.“
Wooco, August 20, 2018
„Whether it's Swedish almond cake, salmon rolls or that Hot dog at the exit - snacks have long since become a sales driver at Ikea. In 2018 Ikea made a turnover of 239.6 million euros with its culinary offer.“
stern.de, May 25, 2019
„The Hot dog is more than a recognized delicacy. In Trump's America he is even an example of successful integration.“
sueddeutsche.de, July 21, 2020
„The 25-year-old food blogger Kate Ovens from Great Britain took part in a "Hotdog Challenge" by doing a meter long Hot dog has eaten in the course of 25 minutes.“
Sputnik Germany, November 17, 2019
„Since sales can only be made by pre-ordering, the sausage stand operator got creative: Customers have to for Hot dog Call & Co.“
Krone.at, April 20, 2020
„Asian street food, such as Baodog, the Chinese version of Hot dog is available in the small, fine Tang street food on Stumpergasse.“
DiePresse.com, August 01, 2020
„No matter if Billy shelf or Pax cabinet, Hot dog or Kötbullar - from this summer you will also find them in the fan-shaped city.“
ka-news.de, February 26, 2020
The usage examples were selected automatically and may therefore contain errors.
Entries from our dictionary containing "Hotdog":
bratwurst: ... Food Subordinate terms: 1) Currywurst, poultry sausage, grilled sausage, hot dog, veal sausage, merguez, meter sausage, grilled sausage, Thuringian ...
Fast food: Currywurst, doner kebab, hamburgers, hotdog, pizza, french fries Examples of use: 1) Critics of fast food (such as the slow food movement) complain that the dishes are mostly unhealthy
Fast food: ... Terms: 1) Food, food Subordinate terms: 1) Currywurst, Döner, Hamburger, Hotdog, Pizza, French fries Examples of use: 1) Young people in particular appreciate fast food ...
hot dog:… Singular 1 the hot dog; Singular 2 the hot dog; Plural die hot dogs other spellings: hot dog hyphenation: hot dog, plural: hot dogs Further information in the entry:…
Hot dogs: Hotdogs (German) Part of Speech: Declined form Hyphenation: Hot | dogs Pronunciation / Stress: IPA: [ˈhɔtdɔks] Grammatical features: nominative plural of the noun Hotdog…
Rate & Share
Rate the dictionary entry or share it with friends.
Quote & print
Quote this page:
"Hotdog" in the online dictionary Wortbedeutung.info (19.5.2021) URL: https://www.wortbedeutung.info/Hotdog/
Comments from users
There are currently no comments on this entry.
Complete the dictionary entry
Wortscheutung.info is a Language dictionary and is used to look up all linguistic information. It's explicit not an encyclopedia and no subject dictionary that explains content. You can add comments such as examples of use or hints on the use of the term "hotdog" and thus help to improve our dictionary. Questions, requests for help and complaints are not welcome and will be deleted immediately. HTML tags are not allowed.
The following terms
Hot dogs (German) Part of Speech: Declined Form Hyphenation: Hot | dogs Pronunciation / Stress: IPA: [ˈhɔtdɔks]…
hotel (German) Part of speech: noun, (neuter) cases: nominative: singular hotel; Plural hotels genitive: singular hotels; ...
hotel Mama (German) Part of Speech: Idiom Hyphenation: Ho | tel Ma | ma Pronunciation / Stress: IPA: [hoˌtɛl ˈmama]…
Hotel Garni (German) Part of speech: noun, (neuter), part of speech: word combination Cases: nominative: singular Hotel garni; Plural ...
Hotel workers (German) Part of speech: noun, (feminine), adjectival declination Syllable separation: Ho | tel | an | ge | stell | te, plural: ...
Hotel employee (German) Part of speech: Declined form Hyphenation: Ho | tel | an | ge | stell | tem Pronunciation / Emphasis: IPA:…
Hotel employees (German) Part of speech: Declined form Hyphenation: Ho | tel | an | ge | stell | ten Pronunciation / Emphasis: IPA:…
Hotel employee (German) Part of speech: noun, adjectival declension (male) Hyphenation: Ho | tel | an | ge | stell | ter, plural: ...
Hotel complex (German) Part of speech: noun, (feminine) Cases: nominative: singular hotel plant; Majority of hotel facilities Genitive: ...
Hotel facilities (German) Part of Speech: Declined Form Hyphenation: Ho | tel | an | la | gen Pronunciation / Stress: IPA:…
- Get paid to Quora Reviewers and Admins
- How do you deal with snob women
- Hanging upside down can help acid reflux
- What is DNA polymerase III
- Can WordPress handle millions of users 1
- Where are gold Mangalsutra sales high
- What is the belief according to your religion
- You still have your first weapon
- Is DOTA 2 the best MOBA
- What do you think of gay sikhs
- Should I take AP Biology next year
- Why are there broken drug dealers
- Where can I learn about game mechanics
- Dumps a cow hurts
- Where do I find beauty in mathematics
- What is an emotionally healthy childhood
- What makes diet soda unhealthy
- Money buys time
- How is the streaming quality from Disney
- How is the Rockrider ST 100 bike
- Which foods are part of a healthy diet?
- Why do people get obese and unhealthy
- What happens when we eat raw vegetables
- Is Draymond Green better than Blake Griffin