Diet Coke can cause diabetes
Coca Cola and Co .: Can diet soda without sugar cause a stroke?
If you like sweet drinks like lemonade and cola, but want to avoid sugar, you can choose diet versions that contain sweeteners. But US researchers warn: These are not necessarily healthier. According to a study by the "American Heart Association" there are links between the consumption of sweetened diet sodas and the risk of stroke or diabetes.
Diabetes, stroke, heart problems from diet soda?
Diet sodas are therefore not necessarily healthier than conventionally sweetened sodas, they just cause other health problems. A number of studies have already examined the negative effects of soda on health. According to the "American Heart Association" Sugary sodas have been linked to heart problems and obesity, and diet sodas with sweeteners are even linked to diabetes, heart problems and stroke. The researchers emphasize that there is no cause-and-effect principle here, but that there is only a correlation between the restrictions and diseases and the drinks.
Diet soda: further studies must prove health risks
The results of the "Northern Manhattan Study" close, which appeared on April 20 in the journal "Stroke". The data was collected over a period of ten years in different phases, starting from 1991 to 2001. It was found that regular consumption of diet sodas significantly increases the risk of dementia and strokes. It is even higher than for participants who regularly drink conventionally sweetened sodas.
However, the researchers emphasize that many influencing factors must also be taken into account. For example, if the participant was a smoker or already obese, the risk is already fundamentally higher. The question needs to be investigated through further studies, the researchers said. Those who drink water are probably on the safe side.
Sweetener instead of sugar: More and more people are drinking diet soda
Although the consumption of sodas according to the "American Heart Association" has declined over the past two decades, we still consume most of our sugar through sodas. According to the World Health Organization (WHO), a person should not consume more than 25 to 50g of sugar a day, as much as there is already in a can of lemonade. The "American Heart Association" is concerned that the consumption of supposedly healthy sweetener sodas is increasing, especially in America and even among children. EJ
Sweetener can promote fat formation
Sugar substitute: are sweeteners like honey, syrup and the like better?
Sweeteners instead of sugar are not supposed to stop cravings
- How do you deal with our diabetes epidemic
- Mathematics needs logic to be formulated
- How do you manage dramatic team members
- Is love the root of evil
- What's on your daily to-do list
- What are Jamaicans known for?
- Is there an example of a data analysis project
- What is a promotion in business
- Is Donald Trump really a nationalist?
- Fat shame should be viewed as a crime
- Where do we use an SI engine
- A question is always a question
- What is DFT 1
- Has Valve Steam
- Who is Katherine Heigl
- Why do trees shed leaves in winter?
- Singaporean Chinese people eat dogs
- Does Adam DAngelo have Aspergers Syndrome
- Will Donald Trump's GOP overtake the Senate
- What is the best autoresponder
- Why is spiritual awakening so painful
- What is super asymmetry
- How many parts are there in an airplane
- Is Fortnite more popular than Minecraft
- How much do kestrels cost
- What are the dark sides of Thailand
- What is constructed against solid wood floors
- Why is Southeast Asia called Maritime Asia
- Money How can I make money today
- Who needs green grass in Chennai?
- Why are constitutional changes important
- Is Thailand dangerous
- Can a 12 year old sperm