Can I vote in two primaries
Primaries, elections and finally the election of the president by the so-called electoral college - There is a long way to go before the Americans have chosen a new president. Almost two years takes the whole process.
In the primaries, the parties have to agree on their candidate. The Republicans had a particularly difficult time this time: When the primary campaign opened in spring 2015, three US senators were still considered the most promising candidates: Texan Ted Cruz, the Senator for Kentucky, Rand Paul, and Marco Rubio, Senator from Florida.
But just a few weeks after his candidacy was announced in June 2015, Donald Trump dominated the primary campaign. On July 19, 2016, he was elected a presidential candidate at the Cleveland Republican Convention. Until recently, there had been massive resistance against the businessman and entertainer within the party.
Donald Trump is scheduled to be sworn in as the 45th US President on January 20, 2017. The only thing that separates him from the office is the election electoral college. This body of electors will determine the new president on December 19th.
Pictured: Donald Trump and his two competitors Marco Rubio (left) and Ted Cruz during a primary debate.
2. What exactly is the electoral college?
3. Who will vote for the electors?
4. The winner takes it all - This is why Trump won the election even though more voters voted for Clinton
5. Are electors bound by their state's vote?
6. The story behind the electoral system
7. The criticism of the electoral college
- How do people crack SUDOKU
- Who Are Some Notable Statisticians
- What are the best lead generation companies
- What does Trump think of crypto currency
- Why is Fortnite no longer popular
- Who came up with the metric unit?
- Malaysians grow up in Singapore
- How can coronary artery disease be prevented
- Should other nations trust China
- Are there American snow birds in Mexico
- Loves me my FWB
- Why are first impressions so important
- Are you still using Facebook?
- Do we need nationalism
- Is it really possible to be stoic?
- What art doesn't need talent
- Why is xenophobia a social problem
- What are street food trends
- Drinking bartender at work
- Anorexia is bad
- What are wormholes in astrophysics
- Male dogs prefer female owners
- What is a positively skewed distribution
- What is my EIN number