Do you feel that employers are exploiting employees?
Exploitation: How To Stop It!
Who the term exploitation hears, probably has images of slavery in ancient Rome in his mind's eye. For those affected, this meant that they sometimes had to do heavy work on the instructions of their master and were exposed to complete arbitrariness, including corporal punishment. This form of forced labor has long been banned in Europe. But our modern world of work is not free from exploitation either. The shapes are varied and not always recognizable at first glance. Which people are particularly often victims of exploitation, how you can recognize it and how you can recognize it Stop exploitation in the workplace ...
➠ Content: This is what awaits you
➠ Content: This is what awaits you
Definition: what is exploitation?
The term exploitation exploitation) has different meanings and first of all denotes the Extraction, promotion or utilization, mainly of raw materials and material resources.
In addition to this, however, the term is mainly used in its negative meaning, others Synonyms for exploitation are then:
Since Marx ‘Critique of Political Economy and History and Social Theory is under exploitation especially the Exploitation of man by man Roger that.
Even 150 years after the publication of Marx's writing, the ruthless exploitation of man and nature can be observed. Regularly is from Scandals the talk, especially in developing countries where Employee protection hardly plays a role and industrialized countries forget their moral obligations.
Marx ‘Criticism of the unpaid appropriation of foreign labor is still relevant. Fortunately, exploitation in this country is not linked to such inhumane conditions, the rights and interests of the Employees empowered through laws and unions.
Situation in Germany: Legal requirements against exploitation
Exploitation has many faces. Many think of it inhumane working conditions in low-wage countries. No breaks, starvation wages and working hours of 14 hours or more leave little scope for relaxation or even leisure.
Due to precarious financial circumstances, the youngest are often condemned to contribute to the family income. That in turn does one solid education impossiblethat would promote social and professional advancement.
A vicious circle that can only be broken if employers do so through labor protection laws and the Working Hours Act are obligedto adhere to certain limits.
That is exactly what happens in low-wage countries often not the case. Bad working conditions are known from textile factories in India and Bangladesh, but also from companies that manufacture smartphones and consumer electronics in China.
In Germany will Exploitation as a criminal offense rated. Both the sexual exploitation and the exploitation of labor are regulated in the Criminal Code in paragraphs 232 and 233, respectively.
Exploitation of workers: who is the victim?
The situation is different in Germany. It wasn't always like this - too Beginning of industrialization the exploitation of children and 16-hour days was not uncommon in this country either. Only trade unions (around the middle of the 19th century) and works councils (early 20th century) contributed to improving working conditions.
Nevertheless, the topic is still topical. Because exploitation is made possible by the fact that one person finds himself in a precarious situation while another is in a position of power and the Predicament of one person exploits. As soon as the labor market changes in favor of the employer, the employer can exercise a corresponding influence.
A shortage of skilled workers, for example, means that employers have to particularly good conditions Curls:
Conversely, an oversupply of labor means that wages are low. This is often the case with activities whose Quick to learn how to perform can be. Therefore, unskilled workers are generally paid less than skilled workers.
According to this understanding, migrants are particularly hard hit by exploitation, i.e. often people who are from economically weak countries flee to industrialized countries. The reason:
Often they have a lower level of education because the education system in their countries is not very good or they did not have access to it. Displacement and displacement due to war also play a role.
It is not uncommon for the qualifications obtained in the home country to be accepted in this country, so that the person concerned cannot work in the profession he has learned.
Language skills and knowledge of legal options are too little for those affected to defend themselves against exploitation.
How is exploitation shown in the workplace?
Anyone who went to school in Germany and did an apprenticeship or completed a course of study is generally exposed to less risk of abuse due to the legal situation. Yet exploitation can occur. Because regardless of actual powers For example, due to a hierarchically higher position, there are always people who appear particularly dominant, while others are particularly cautious.
An employment relationship is always shaped by group-dynamic processes and team rules. Affected here:
Anyone who joins an existing team as a new member often has the feeling that they have to prove something to the others and their superiors. In addition, there is the fear of not surviving the probationary period, so that additional tasks are willingly given off, which mean a considerable amount of additional work.
Friendliness can brighten up the working day, but unfortunately it can also be exploited. Particularly friendly or helpful employees often find themselves in the situation of being asked for help by their colleagues and not being able to refuse this request.
Exploitation can then show itself as follows:
The requests are getting bigger and bigger.
A start is usually made quickly. Maybe you could briefly ... or Do you have a few minutes right now? You should be careful when the tasks you are supposed to take on get bigger and bigger and the few minutes have turned into several hours of overtime.
Several colleagues take part.
Hardly anyone can refuse a nice office neighbor, but gradually the entire department comes to you and it is time you did something about it.
It is not reciprocal.
A colleague who asks you a favor doesn't automatically mean to take advantage of you. The key factor is reciprocity. As long as your colleague comes to your aid when you need it, you don't need to be afraid of being taken advantage of.
Multiple symptoms as a result of exploitation
The symptoms as a result of exploitation are varied and individually on the level of exploitation dependent. Psychological problems are conceivable, physical as well as social. If you observe the descriptions listed below, it is important to take them seriously, as they can indicate burnout.
- You can no longer switch off.
- Everything is getting too much for you.
- You feel empty.
- You have difficulty concentrating.
- You worry a lot.
- You have fears.
- You have trouble sleeping.
- You quickly feel exhausted.
- You have headache / back pain / cardiovascular problems.
- You perk yourself up on medication to get your job done.
- You take medication to suppress your physical discomfort.
- You relax more often with alcohol.
- You feel tense and irritable all the time.
- You have the impression that you are increasingly isolated and alone at work.
- They are getting loud and aggressive lately.
- Others notice changes in you.
- You hardly have any time for social contacts.
- You hardly have any hobbies or interests.
Employer exploitation: your rights
But what should you do if your own boss is exploiting you? It is not always a question of not being able to say no, there are often existential fears behind it. Many employees are simply afraid of losing their jobs - they are perhaps still in their probationary period or are urgently dependent on the position.
Especially when there is no works council and, of course, overtime and / or additional hours Stand-by at the weekend is expected, workers find it difficult to take action. The fear of unemployment in the event of termination is understandable.
However, you should get your Rights and Opportunities know:
- Anyone who works in a company with more than ten employees enjoys protection against dismissal, which means that your employer can do you do not just terminate arbitrarilyjust because you are making a lawful complaint.
- It is best, of course, you seek allies at work. If your company has five employees who are entitled to vote, you can set up a works council. To do this, you should contact the relevant trade union and read the Works Constitution Act.
- You still have the option of one anonymous ad at the office for occupational safety or the trade supervisory office. Because according to the Working Hours Act, you are entitled to compensation for overtime - otherwise a maximum of eight hours per day is allowed.
How do you stop exploitation?
The initiative for exploitation always starts from one side. But on the other hand, someone always has to be found who does not defend himself against it. Unfortunately, many workers find it difficult to do just that.
Out of insecurity or an exaggerated sense of duty, colleagues' every wish is fulfilled until you get to your own Load limit has come.
The good news: You can help prevent it from happening in the first place. The following tips will help you Stop exploitation.
Look at your situation
Before you rush to agree to a favor the next time, ask yourself if you have the time and energy to take on additional tasks. If your schedule and your to-do list are already full, you should think again about whether additional tasks are really feasible. Even if it is meant as a nice gesture, you must not overload yourself.
Learn to say no
It's a short and simple word, but even so, many workers find it difficult to use it regularly on the job. Do not feel compelled to accept every request that a colleague brings to you. It's perfectly fine to tell a nice colleague that you unfortunately don't have any spare minute for additional work at the moment. Do you dare!
Stick to your word
If you do not want to be exploited, you must not allow any leeway for speculation. Briefly explain your decision and stick to it. Avoid wording like I'll see what can be done. Cunning colleagues understand this as anyway Yes and the tasks are left to you again.
Get the boss on board
If it is simply too much for you because your colleagues are unloading projects with you every day, it is time to turn to a higher authority. Explain the situation to your boss and make it clear that you feel exploited by your colleagues and that your work is suffering as a result. But if the boss himself exploits his employees, you can either contact the HR department or consider whether your current employer is really the right one for you.
What other readers have read about it
- How is the Euclidean distance calculated
- What types of questions are included in Quora
- Does your job kill your creativity
- What should I eat in the morning
- Everything is coded in English
- Which topics does Quora
- Can become a homeopathic surgeon
- Is nationalism bad for a country
- What is the IQ of Robert Downey Jr.
- Are there Hare Krishnas in China
- What is the silver content in groschen
- What was your first car 1
- Who is the Most Trained Indian Politician Ever
- How do people afford expensive things?
- Why is Trump still president?
- What can be a symbol of sensitivity
- What is 2 + 2 + 2 + 3 + 3 + 3 + 4
- How are Amazon products
- Is there a narcissism epidemic in America?
- Who is the Best Penny Stock Advisor
- How Much Do Marketers Pay To Bloggers
- What helped you quit smoking?
- Persians are half Asian and half Caucasian
- Why are strip clubs legal
- Which is the best compact vacuum cleaner
- Is Singapore affordable for students
- Has the White House ever been destroyed?
- Vegetarians in Singapore usually eat nuts
- How did your extramarital affair begin?
- Does someone actually understand the general theory of relativity
- Which languages are spoken in surprising places?
- Does the Pepsi diet have a strong influence on nutrition
- Do players actually win
- What does real poverty mean?