Is white sugar cane sugar
Is raw cane sugar healthier than regular table sugar?
You can hardly save yourself from the many different types of sugar on the supermarket shelf. Table sugar, brown sugar, cane sugar, raw sugar, raw cane sugar, beet sugar ... and and and! What are the differences and is raw cane sugar perhaps healthier than the well-known white household sugar? We light up the darkness.
Cane sugar versus beet sugar
As the names suggest, cane sugar is made from sugar cane and beet sugar is made from sugar beet. That is the only difference, because ultimately both consist of sucrose and are obtained with the help of similar processes. They contain the same amount of calories and nutrients.
The sugar cane for cane sugar is grown worldwide in the tropics and subtropics. The largest sugar cane producers are Brazil and India. In Europe, the sugar beets for beet sugar are mainly produced in France and Germany.
Free online lecture on March 19th
Sugar is literally on everyone's lips. But how do you manage not to fall into the sugar trap? In our Free online lecture on Friday, March 19, 12 noon we give you tips and important information for everyday life.
Interested? Then simply register for the appointment:
⇒ To register via Edudip
Raw sugar versus refined sugar
Cane sugar is often sold as raw cane sugar or whole cane sugar. Some consumers think that because it looks brown, it is healthier. But is that really the case?
Whether made from sugar cane or beet sugar, raw sugar denotes a sugar that is not so thoroughly cleaned and therefore has a brownish color. In addition to sucrose, raw sugar contains molasses, a dark brown sugar syrup, and small amounts of minerals and vitamins that are not of any importance for health. In order to be able to benefit from it, the sugar would have to be eaten by the kilo. But who wants that? In the subsequent sugar production process, the raw sugar is further processed and refined white sugar is created. It has a longer shelf life and is more free-flowing.
Raw or whole cane sugar therefore offers no significant health advantage compared to refined cane or beet sugar. There are only differences in terms of taste: whole cane sugar, for example, has its own taste - usually of caramel and molasses - and is therefore more aromatic than normal household sugar.
Brown sugar versus white sugar
Also not to be confused are raw cane sugar and brown sugar, which look very similar, but are not identical. Brown sugar can be obtained in different ways. For the production ofBrown beet sugar Manufacturers usually simply add dark brown sugar syrup (partly made from cane sugar) to the white sugar obtained after the refined sugar. So brown sugar is often nothing more than colored white sugar.
Sugar stays sugar!
Sugar remains sugar - the mouse won't bite off a thread. Raw cane sugar is no healthier than the widespread white household sugar, even if it may seem so at first because of its more natural looking light brown color.
- What are examples of time dilation
- What should I eat for high cholesterol?
- What is the best free personality test
- Which app payments fail? Why
- What is Offline POS Selling
- Why do churches have bells
- How can I totally understand English
- There is no time for light
- Expertise is required to come up with an idea
- I could have breast cancer
- Should I join IIM Udaipur
- Which citizen are you 1
- How do you clean a wall
- When do you answer Quora questions
- What is a 3 Sector Economy
- How different are golf ball brands
- What is worse anorexia or obesity
- Vietnam is actually richer than the Philippines
- Get paid to Quora Reviewers and Admins
- What is com android contacts
- Why are lottery winnings taxed in America?
- Can Facebook automatically post on Instagram
- How can I get a European work visa
- Can someone copyright a photo of me?