Why do we need a voltage stabilizer
Fixed voltage regulator
At this point we will learn how we can generate regulated, i.e. constant voltages with simple ICs.
We use ICs that only have three connections and generate a fixed voltage.
It couldn't be much easier. We have an IC with an input to which a voltage is applied. A regulated voltage is made available at the output.
Both voltage sources have a common reference.
The capacitors at the input and output are necessary. They should be installed as close as possible to the voltage regulator IC.
The output voltage is specified by the IC. This is why these voltage regulators are called fixed voltage regulators.
Of course there are also adjustable voltage regulators.
A 3.3V regulator
We build a regulator with a 3.3V output voltage. The circuit is easy again.
We only replaced the voltage regulator with a concrete chip and specified the values of the capacitors.
The capacitors C1 and C2 are electrolytic capacitors with the specified polarity, which must be observed.
The circuit can be operated from a voltage source from 4V.
There is an exact voltage of 3.3V (3.267V to 3.333V) at the output.
The LP2950 is supplied in a TO-92 package.
a - VO
b - GND
c - VI
We can strain the exit. We just use resistors for this.
We apply different resistances, measure the output voltage and calculate the current.
|22Ω par. 22Ω|
Short circuit? Is that possible?
Yes, the voltage regulator protects itself against overload.
We measure the short circuit current.
According to the data sheet, the LP2950 can be loaded with up to 100mA. The short-circuit current is a maximum of 220mA.
When the LP2950 is subjected to heavy loads, it heats up. It can get over 100 ° C. If it gets too hot, it will reduce the output current.
This behavior is common to most modern voltage regulators:
- Radiologists get cancer
- Which websites have secret Black Friday deals?
- Are guest authors or bloggers paid
- What does not give you money
- Censors Quora censorship
- Are short films commercially viable?
- What exactly are cookies
- Is speed keto a scam
- Are singles really single
- Should I help a homeless person?
- Why don't Germans like small talk
- How did the Hokages die
- Which is Terminal 1 in Kolkata
- Do the Poles speak good English?
- Who came up with the metric unit?
- Which is the best watch from Aliexpress
- Praise God for what you do
- Are Costco Diamonds of good quality
- How do I eat sweet potatoes
- Criticism of religious beliefs is offensive
- What is the real number of 0
- Does Christianity allow drinking alcohol, wine, beer
- Who first invented paper Egyptians or Chinese
- What are SSB interview questions and answers