What is nationality
Part of speech: noun, (Female)Hyphenation:
- Na | ti | o | na | li | ity, Plural: Na | ti | o | na | li | ta | th
- IPA: [nat͡si̯onaliˈtɛːt]
- 1) belonging to a state or to a nation or a people
- 2) collective: a group of people with the same ethnic background
- 1) Citizenship, Citizenship
- 2) ethnicity, people
- 1) I am German Nationality.
- 1) People of all kinds live in Berlin Nationalities.
- 2) The greatest challenge in a united Europe is the many different ones Nationalities to bring under one roof.
- Nationality code; see also national
- Nominative: singular nationality; Plural Nationalities
- Genitive: singular nationality; Plural Nationalities
- Dative: singular nationality; Plural Nationalities
- Accusative: singular nationality; Plural Nationalities
- English: 1) nationality
- French: 1) nationalité
- Interlingua: 1) national citations
- Italian: 1) nazionalità
- Dutch: 1) nationality
- Portuguese: 1) nacionalidade
- Romanian: 1) naționalitate (Female)
- Swedish: nationality
- Spanish: 1) nacionalidad
- Czech: národnost (Female)
- Hungarian: 1) nemzetiség
Practical example sentences
Automatically selected examples in German:
„In 1918 and 1919 Alsace changed the nationality - as before in 1871.“
New Germany, April 12, 2019
„The Zurich SVP wants the indication of the nationality make it mandatory for offenders. Now the government council is coming to meet her.“
Bernerzeitung.ch, April 25, 2019
„According to Katina Schubert, the ID should be given to every person regardless of nationality or residence status enable participation.“
Berliner Morgenpost, December 15, 2018
„Other countries have different laws - regardless of that nationality of the deceased. You can read this and other travel news here.“
BILD.de, December 01, 2018
„The men told the 20-year-old which one nationality which is hers. Then they wanted to know where he came from. He said he was a Jew.“
Epoch Times, September 17, 2018
„Saxony's police now consistently want the in press reports nationality name of offenders.“
BILD.de, January 30, 2020
„The man, his nationality was not announced, had traveled on despite the ban.“
Kleine Zeitung, March 26, 2020
„The state police of Mecklenburg-Western Pomerania will in principle in their press releases from tomorrow nationality name of suspects.“
dradio.de, January 31, 2020
„A Hamburg real estate company asked prospective tenants for theirs nationality and the country of origin. The law does not allow this.“
TAZ, June 10, 2020
„After the night of the riot in Stuttgart, the police checked the suspects' family relationships. There is also the question of which nationality the parents have.“
Handelsblatt.com, July 12, 2020
The usage examples were selected automatically and may therefore contain errors.
Thesaurus & Synonyms
- nationality: Property of being a citizen of a certain state
- citizenship: Membership of a person to a state
Another word (synonym) for nationality - Source: OpenThesaurus
Entries from our dictionary containing "nationality":
Guest flag: ... give up to 15 US dollars. "1)" Özen saw that it was a charter boat of Turkish nationality, a German guest flag was hanging on the spreader. "1)" I opposed ...
national: ... national anthem, nationalize, nationalization, nationalism, nationalist, nationalistic, nationality, nationality conflict, nationality mark ...
adoptar:… A | dop | tar word meaning / definition: 1) niño (child) adopt 2) accept something (religion, nationality, custom, ...) 3) take medida (measure) Origin of the term: lat ...
Rainbow family: originally: a family consisting of people of different nationalities 2) a family in which at least one of the parents lives in a homosexual partnership Origin of the term: Composed of the nouns rainbow and family
White Ruthenians: ... Empire should be postulated from Kiev via Cossack to the modern ›Ruthenian-Ukrainian‹ nationality and at the same time a strict national divorce from the ...
Rate & Share
Rate the dictionary entry or share it with friends.
Quote & print
Quote this page:
"Nationality" in the online dictionary Wortbedeutung.info (19.5.2021) URL: https://www.wortbedeutung.info/Nationalität/
Comments from users
There are currently no comments on this entry.
Complete the dictionary entry
Wortscheutung.info is a Language dictionary and is used to look up all linguistic information. It's explicit not an encyclopedia and no subject dictionary that explains content. You can add comments such as examples of use or hints on the use of the term "nationality" and thus help to improve our dictionary. Questions, requests for help and complaints are not welcome and will be deleted immediately. HTML tags are not allowed.
The following terms
Nationalities (German) Part of Speech: Declined Form Hyphenation: Na | ti | o | na | li | ta | ten Pronunciation / Stress: IPA:…
National goalkeeper (German) Part of speech: Noun, (male) Cases: Nominative: Einzahl der Nationalkeeper; Most of the national goalkeepers ...
National goalkeeper (German) Part of speech: noun, (feminine) Cases: nominative: singular die Nationalkeeperin; Majority of the ...
National goalkeepers (German) Part of Speech: Declined Form Hyphenation: Na | ti | o | nal | kee | pe | rin | nen Pronunciation / Stress: IPA:…
National keepers (German) Part of Speech: Declined Form Hyphenation: Na | ti | o | nal | kee | pern Pronunciation / Stress: IPA:…
National Keepers (German) Part of Speech: Declined Form Hyphenation: Na | ti | o | nal | kee | pers Pronunciation / Stress: IPA:…
National team (German) Part of speech: noun, (feminine) Cases: nominative: singular national team; Majority of national teams ...
National teams (German) Part of speech: Declined form Hyphenation: Na | ti | o | nal | mann | schaf | ten Grammatical features: nominative ...
National museums (German) Part of Speech: Declined Form Hyphenation: Na | ti | o | nal | mu | se | en Pronunciation / Stress: IPA:…
National Museum (German) Part of speech: noun, (neuter) cases: nominative: singular Nationalmuseum; Plural national museums genitive: ...
National Museum (German) Part of Speech: Declined Form Hyphenation: Na | ti | o | nal | mu | se | ums Pronunciation / Stress: IPA:…
National music (German) part of speech: noun, (feminine) cases: nominative: singular die nationalmusik; Most of the national music ...
- Should I start lifting weights when I was 14?
- You can have shoes dry-cleaned
- Should Quora allow corporate accounts
- Why is it bad to be materialistic?
- How can parents monitor Snapchat
- What is the best medicine for vomiting
- How many countries eat breakfast cereal
- What is your best trip
- The US needed the purchase in Louisiana
- What typical sound do you love
- What are the domain names
- Who is the richest person in Bhutan
- How much does Hawaii cost
- Why do you support ethno-nationalism
- Why is Nitro Slim beneficial for your health
- Why do people call me ugly
- What are some interesting psychological marketing tactics
- When should a company use guerrilla marketing?
- What do Americans think of Tasmania?
- Is black nationalism racist
- Do you know something that others do not know
- What should an Indian from Malaysia buy
- How am I supposed to use $ 150
- Can I increase my creditworthiness