What happens when you sharpen a pencil
The manufacture of colored leads
Colored leads consist of color pigments, fats, waxes, binders and mineral fillers such as talc or finely ground kaolin. As with the graphite lead, the quality of colored leads depends on the fineness of the ground material, but above all on the proportion and quality of the pigments. A high proportion of pigments leads to a higher quality of the lead and a better color spread. After mixing, the mixture is also pressed through a die in the form of a lead and the leads are cut to the appropriate length. In contrast to graphite leads, colored leads are not burned, but dried in drying ovens. The colored leads are also given a hot fat bath to improve their gliding properties.
For the production of pencils and colored pencils, grooves are first milled in two wooden plates, according to the diameter of the lead. The leads are placed between the two panels and all glued together and pressed together until completely hardened. Then the individual pins are sawn and given their outer shape on planing machines: round, triangular, hexagonal or oval. The pens are then further refined, polished, painted in color, some with dip caps or lacquer rings. Today, many pens are also processed unpainted. when the pen is finished, it is provided with a company imprint, sharpened and packed in boxes or cases.
- Which metal is best for cooking utensils
- Which is the cheapest guitar
- Is it normal for teenagers to clap?
- What is the SI unit measurement
- Who does America belong to?
- Is it legal to sell things in school?
- Are BMW cars really that bad
- Was Loki underutilized in Thor Ragnarok
- What is effective customer service
- Toe pain is a sign of diabetes
- Why don't governments like cryptocurrencies?
- Why is there so much poverty
- Are the peoples grammatically correct 1
- Is civil engineering a good career choice
- Why does the sun light up our hair
- Type 2 diabetes 100 is genetic
- What are the active ingredients in OxiClean
- How many cups are there in a liter
- How can you describe the big cities of Singapore
- What do the Singaporeans think of the Japanese
- What should you hide
- What are the best arguments against libertarianism
- Why is visual symbolism a subjective term
- What is a typical Russian lunch