What are signs of good cardiovascular health?
Coronavirus: symptoms and treatment
The Sars-CoV-2 coronavirus is also spreading in Germany. The Covid-19 disease is severe or even fatal in only a small proportion of those affected. Older people and people with chronic underlying diseases or a weakened immune system are particularly at risk. You should protect yourself particularly well against infection with the virus.
Coronavirus: symptoms of Covid-19 disease
In most cases, an infection with the coronavirus proceeds like a flu-like illness with unspecific symptoms such as
- to cough
- Sore throat
- Diarrhea (in some people)
In some cases, the infection is asymptomatic, i.e. without symptoms.
Higher risk for the chronically ill
In people with chronic previous illnesses, an infection with the coronavirus can lead to serious, even fatal courses of the disease:
- At chronic lung disease like COPD, the risk of developing severe pneumonia increases.
- At a Heart failure The coronavirus can lead to a further weakening of the heart function and to water retention in the lungs, in particularly severe cases to a breakdown of the cardiovascular system.
- At diabetes A poorly controlled blood sugar level affects important immune cells (leukocytes) and increases the risk of infection.
Who is particularly at risk Drugs used to suppress the immune system takes (immunosuppressants), for example for rheumatism or cancer, after chemotherapy or organ transplantation.
Coronavirus and Diabetes
People with type 1 or 2 diabetes are only at risk of a severe disease if they have additional comorbidities, such as cardiovascular diseases.
In the combination of high blood pressure and diabetes, Chinese researchers found that the course of the coronavirus infection was almost the same as in healthy people. They observed severe courses in people with comorbidities such as cardiovascular problems.
According to the experts, nobody should worry that insulin, medication and pumps could run out. No delivery bottlenecks are to be expected, especially with insulin. So there is no need to hoard medicines and supplies.
Podcast: Coronavirus update
The virologist Prof. Christian Drosten has researched Sars-CoV-2 better than almost anyone else. Everyone is now asking for the advice of the director of the virology institute at the Berlin Charité - NDR Info gives us an answer every day. external
Experts on the subject
Dr. Matthias Riedl
Internist, diabetologist & nutritionist
medicum Hamburg MVZ GmbH
At the straw house 2
Dr. Jens Kröger, Diabetologist Center for Diabetology Bergedorf
Glindersweg 80, 21029 Hamburg
This topic in the program:
Visit | 03/24/2020 | 8:15 pm
- What are the big data processing technologies
- How much does a good GPA cost
- Why is Australia buying Japanese submarines
- What would the earth be without peace
- Is Wikibuy real
- How quickly does life expectancy increase
- Why do we always need a computer
- Is noodles a Chinese food
- Why do teenagers like mean girls
- Is opening a One Price Cleaner profitable?
- How can I build up my body
- What's your favorite book 11
- A laser mouse can injure your eyes
- Did Trump undermine workers' rights
- How much does a NASA astronomer earn
- Why are offenses not so small
- What does the paradox of education mean
- What is the salary structure like in Australia
- How does war negatively affect the economy?
- How do restaurants charge cork fees?
- Which companies use Matlab
- Why is Donald Trump considered a racist
- What is your general opinion about Italy
- What is a good projector for installations