Can we use acid to clean tiles
Cleaning Tiles: The Best Home Remedies and Tips
So that tiles in the bathroom and kitchen shine beautifully, they should be cleaned regularly. Find out here which home remedies make you shine - and which you should better stay away from.
Cleaning tiles: the most important points in brief
- Wall tiles and floor tiles should be cared for and cleaned equally.
- It works best with glass cleaner, washing-up liquid, liquid detergent, orange peel or curd soap.
- If you want to keep your joints clean in the long term, it is better to avoid vinegar, citric acid and baking powder when cleaning.
Are you in the mood for new tiles? Then get offers from experts here:
Cleaning tiles: these tips should be followed
The lime sticks to them in the bathroom. The fat is splattering on her in the kitchen. Tiles have to withstand a lot. The best way to clean your wall and floor tiles depends on the stains and the material of the tile. Most of them are tough. They even don't mind acidic cleaning agents and hot water. Exceptions: natural stone tiles made of marble, slate or sandstone. They are more sensitive and should be given special treatment when cleaning.
When wiping, make sure that you do not use any cleaning agents that contain maintenance. These contain wax or plastics, which gradually settle in the form of a thin layer on the tiles. This increases the risk of slipping! And another tip: replace the mopping water regularly. This will prevent the dirt dissolved in it from settling in the joints.
More useful cleaning tips
How to clean bathroom tiles
How often do you have to clean bathroom tiles?
In order to avoid mold and reduce the build-up of limescale, it is especially important to wipe off the moisture from the bathroom tiles after every shower. When you then clean the bathroom tiles, think above all of the mold-prone joints and also clean the tiles in the corners and near the ceiling. A weekly cleaning would be ideal, realistically more like one every two weeks.
Clean tiles in the bathroom with glass cleaner
With glass cleaner you not only get the mirrors in the bathroom wonderfully clean. You can also use the product to clean your tiles. Put a few dashes of glass cleaner in lukewarm water. Take a cloth, dip it in the water and rub it over your bathroom tiles thoroughly. Then polish the tiles with a dry cloth.
Clean bathroom tiles with orange peel
Orange peel can help with larger limescale stains in the shower. Rub the inside over the calcified areas. Then leave the whole thing on for half an hour. Then rinse off with the shower head and rub off the limescale residue with a damp sponge. Caution: With stainless steel sponges you can clean encrusted pots in no time at all. However, they are not suitable for cleaning tiles. They can leave unsightly scratches. It is therefore best to use a soft sponge.
Can you clean calcified bathroom tiles with vinegar?
Vinegar is a proven home remedy for limescale. But: When cleaning your tiles, you should use vinegar extremely sparingly. Because vinegar not only dissolves lime, but also the grout. The same goes for citric acid, by the way. If you still want to try vinegar in the bathroom, add a small dash of brandy vinegar to 1 liter of cleaning water. Soak your cleaning rag in it. Wring it out well and use it to wipe the calcified bathroom tiles. Save the joints as much as possible. Important: So that the vinegar can dissolve the lime, it must act for at least half an hour. Then rub the bathroom tiles with a second cloth and a little washing-up liquid.
Maintain natural stone tiles in the bathroom with curd soap
To clean natural stone tiles, add curd soap to the warm (not too hot) mopping water. Wipe the natural stone with a damp cloth. Caution: cleaning agents that contain acids or tensides or that are highly abrasive can damage natural stone tiles.
How to clean the tiles in the kitchen
Dissolve grease stains on tiles with washing-up liquid
If fat is splashed on the wall or even on the floor while roasting, common household detergent will do a good job. Put a few splashes in lukewarm water and use it to wipe the tiles. Then rub dry well with a kitchen towel.
Clean tiles with curd soap
Curd soap helps with stubborn stains. Put the soap on a soft brush and use it to work on the stain. You can soak dried encrustations or use a scraper, which is actually intended for cleaning a ceramic hob.
Clean tiles with heavy-duty liquid detergent
If you don't have curd soap in the house, you can get liquid heavy-duty detergent from the laundry room. A few drops in warm water are enough. Don't forget to wipe the tiles with clean water and rub dry. They're shining again!
How to properly clean grout
The tiles are clean, the joints are not yet. No problem if you have a handheld steam cleaner in your house or want to buy one. It blows your joints sparkling clean in no time - and is particularly environmentally friendly. But there are also home remedies that you can use to clean the grout:
Can you clean joints with baking soda?
Generally, yes. A paste made from water and baking powder ensures that yellowed joints look nice and white again. You should still use this home remedy sparingly. Because the starch contained in baking powder is an ideal breeding ground for mold. It penetrates the pores of the joint and can potentially worsen the problem. Better to use pure baking soda, where you don't risk these negative effects.
Clean the joints with toothpaste
Try toothpaste and toothbrushes too. The advantage: the old toothbrush is particularly good at getting into the joints. And the particles in the toothpaste rub away the stains well. Finally, all you have to do is rinse the joints with clean water.
- Physical relationship is important in a relationship
- Is Singapore politically more stable than Malaysia
- Which is the best country for indians
- Politics can be studied scientifically
- How fast is a nuclear submarine
- What is 115 of 8
- How does extreme emotional pain feel?
- How can I deactivate my NSR account
- Why don't a lot of adults play video games
- Which is the best watch from Aliexpress
- What is the strategy to accumulate stocks
- Is New Zealand really that bad
- Who buys the stocks we sell
- Which is the most widely used Instagram filter
- How can parents motivate teenagers
- Too many people become programmers
- What colors go well with beige
- Is sucrose and sugar the same thing
- What is the true color of indigo
- What is Speech Comprehension Psycholinguistics
- What is Chebyshev's inequality
- What are ingenious ways to hide things
- How are PET bottles recycled
- Which celebrity couples have annoying age differences?
- What's your catchphrase
- Are there feminists in Singapore
- Which is better Python or C ++
- Bipolar disorder is a serious psychological problem
- Who needs event planners
- I am a correct grammar object
- What is borderline about borderline personality disorder
- Who is better men or women 1
- What is the best school in london
- Why are geometric distributions called geometric