What can be a substitute for zucchini
Baking with vegetables: juicy pastries with pumpkin, zucchini & co
Vegetables and cakes - do they go together? A carrot cake for Easter is not only popular in Switzerland. Cinnamon rolls with pumpkin, almond biscuits with chicory and chocolate cake with sauerkraut, on the other hand, are creations that take getting used to. Those who like to experiment with baking can reinterpret classic cakes with vegetables. Pumpkin, zucchini, eggplant, avocado, sweet potato and parsnip are suitable for this.
Usually the pastries with vegetables are not only juicier and more aromatic, but also a little healthier. This is because the fresh, plant-based diet can replace ingredients such as flour, oil, butter, and sugar in the batter. If there is less flour in the dough, the cake will inevitably be juicier. Water-rich vegetables such as zucchini replace oil and butter, thereby saving fat and calories. Carrot, sweet potato, pumpkin and parsnip have a naturally mild sweetness. So you can do without some of the sugar.
In terms of taste, the vegetables in the cake are usually not particularly dominant. A pleasant earthy note can be achieved with beetroot. In addition, the pastry is given a beautiful dark red color. The red tubers taste good in chocolate muffins with almonds and apples, for example. Carrots go very well with nuts and zucchinis with chocolate, lime and dark berries. Pumpkin can be refined with coconut flakes, cinnamon and ginger.
But how do you put your favorite vegetables on the cake fork? Most vegetables are grated raw and put into the dough. This is easily possible with a batter, while a shortcrust pastry with vegetables requires a little practice. The baking time and temperature must be adjusted. Firmer types such as pumpkin, sweet potato and beetroot are baked or boiled in the oven until they are soft and then pureed before being added to the batter.
Even sauerkraut is used in sweet cakes. The traditional winter vegetables lose their strict note when baking and intensify the aroma in the chocolate cake.
Source: Heike Kreutz, BZfE
more on the subject
- What Are The Health Benefits Of Arecanut
- Who will deliver food to my address
- What happens to Muslims in China
- Kiwis greet the Singaporeans
- Local SEO is difficult
- Which website offers data cleaning services
- What is New Zealand in Maori
- Can dark matter be captured
- Has anyone used an affiliate marketing technique
- I like jungkook
- What are Reddit's alternative websites
- What do psychologists think of personality tests
- Is it okay to kiss a prostitute
- How to stop sandbag balls
- Chinese girls like Indian men
- What is my purpose in life
- A jewelry cleaner will clean brass
- How does alcohol consumption affect insulin absorption?
- Are AK 47 still made
- Why doesn't Apple care about Africa?
- Is Donald Trump emotionally immature
- Is Sweden good for studying ms
- How did Dumbledore become powerful
- Why do they put animals on coins