What are the tricks for a faster calculation
10 tricks for working faster with Microsoft Excel
Excel is an extremely powerful spreadsheet. We present you 10 brilliant Excel tips with which you can use the Microsoft program faster and more effectively.
Would you like to create multiple lines of text within one cell? We say we can do that. What if you want to use one diagram formatting for another diagram, or want to print multiple worksheets on a single sheet? We also answer these questions so that you can work more effectively with Excel.
1. Create new text lines within a cell
As you have probably already noticed, Excel is not doing the right thing when you type text into a cell and then press Enter to start a new line of text. Because by pressing Enter, the typed text will simply appear in the cell and the next cell will be activated.
So to start a new line within a Microsoft Excel cell, type the text you want and press Alt-Enter. On a Mac computer, the key combination is Control-Option-Return.
2. Quickly insert values in cells
What do you do when you need to calculate something quickly? For example, how do you add up the values of two cells? Instead of typing in a formula, click the first cell and hold down the Ctrl key and press the second cell. With the factory settings, the result of the addition is displayed in the status line, which is at the very bottom of Excel. If you have selected more than two cells, the total sum is displayed.
You can also display other calculations in the status bar by right-clicking there and selecting one of the listed operations. The choices are: sum, average, number, numeric number, minimum and maximum.
3. Create a reusable diagram template
If you need to produce a variety of charts for a project, such as an annual report, then all charts should be formatted similarly. Therefore, you should create a diagram template for the design. You can use this template to create all the other diagrams in no time.
The first thing to do is to create a diagram and format it according to your wishes and needs. To save the formatting and the appearance of the diagram as a template without the data it contains, go to "Diagram tools". Under "Type" select "Save as template" and give the whole thing a memorable name "Diagram template files" is selected as the file type. Then click on "Save".
To use this template for a new chart, first click on the data in the table. From the menu ribbon select "Insert" and "More" in the diagram field. A selection bar opens from which you select "All diagram types ...". In the window that opens, click on the "Templates" folder. Here you select the appropriate template and confirm your selection with "OK". The new diagram will now be formatted in exactly the same way as the other table. This saves you the work of formatting everything manually again.
4. Format widely dispersed data and display them graphically
If you want to format many cells that are not directly next to each other, then first select the first cell block. For the next block, hold down the "Ctrl" key and then select the next block. All other blocks must be selected while holding down the "Ctrl" key. You can now apply format changes, such as font or color, to all selected cells at the same time.
You can use the same technique to create charts even though the cells are not side by side. For example, if you need to create a chart with the headings in the first column and the data in the fourth, the first thing you should do is select the headings from the first column. Hold down the "Ctrl" key while you mark the relevant data in the fourth column. Then create the diagram as usual.
- What is worse nationalism or patriotism Why
- What is viral marketing
- Who set the boundaries of the US electoral college
- What is the deadliest profession
- The Anthony Joshua fight was canceled early
- What are more profitable blogs or vlogs
- All Vietnamese hate South Vietnamese soldiers
- Which is the best business WordPress theme
- Why do you like to hear animals cry
- How are international companies taxed
- How many people have died from skydiving
- What are the rules for UN
- London has a flag
- What is cryogenic hibernation in space travel
- NDTV is a paid news channel
- How can social media help increase sales
- Why are airplane windows rounded
- How does Apple Pay provide receipts
- Do you feel safe where you live?
- Is the Khan Academy a MOOC
- Counts rap as music
- Why is information overload a problem
- Why is divorce considered worse than death?
- Is there racism in Switzerland?
- What is the correct pronunciation of often
- Can fake emails be traced?
- How do homeless shelters help the community
- Which website offers data cleaning services
- How often do Americans travel abroad
- Does the number 12 matter to Christians?
- What are the branches of psycholinguistics
- Why is extreme pleasure actually intense pain?
- Is science dependent on philosophy
- How is probability theory used in cryptography