Why are people so cruel to others
Psychiatry, Psychosomatics & Psychotherapy
Aggressive and antisocial behaviors are complex phenomena, and different manifestations can be distinguished. Two major distinctions are made between impulsive aggression and instrumental aggression met.
The impulsive-aggressive sub-form is characterized on the one hand by fearfulness and on the other hand by strong impulsiveness. Affected people have difficulties in self-control, a low tolerance for frustration and they perceive actions of other people in a distorted manner, namely more intensely as a threat or disadvantage. They quickly feel attacked by others and react with impulsive, hostile behavior.
The instrumental-aggressive type does not act aggressively out of affect, but rather to dominate others and achieve their own goals. Emotional insensitivity and fearlessness of the consequences of one's own behavior are typical characteristics. As a rule, these children and adolescents do not feel any pressure of suffering and therefore show no willingness to change and have little empathy for other people.
|Oppositional defiant behavior||Aggressive behavior towards living beings|
gets angry quickly
threatens others, intimidates
often argues with adults
fights often begin
often contradicts the instructions and rules of adults
inflicts severe physical harm on others with weapons
often deliberately annoys others
physically cruel to people
blames others for their own mistakes
often sensitive, easily annoyed
Extortion of armed robbery
often angry and offended
Forcing others to engage in sexual acts
often malicious and resentful
Destruction of property:
Fraud or theft:
Serious rule violations:
Source: Psychiatry and psychotherapy for children and adolescents; Fegert, Eggers, Resch; 2nd Edition; Springer (Chapter: Disorders of Social Conduct, page 913)
- What happens when you leave your children
- What moment changed your life
- Should gun control be controversial
- Why do trees shed leaves in winter?
- What's your strangest non-sexual fantasy
- How do you know that something exists
- How long should a cardio session last
- What is poverty and its causes
- Why doesn't Apple care about Africa?
- Why does someone find life boring?
- Regret moving to Germany
- Will WordPress continue to grow in 2020
- Stun gun is illegal in Singapore
- What is a customer journey map
- How do we start to learn the stock exchange
- When can I buy a SpaceX share?
- What supports the existence of an afterlife
- What do you hate about people?
- Is Dagcoin better than Bitcoin
- Is music the fifth dimension
- Where can I download Deadpool 2
- What's your rating of HashedIn Technologies
- What is the chemical symbol of Ununnilium
- US state militias have fleets