How do dogs show their affection?
10 behaviors dogs use to show their love
Our loyal friend with the wet snout loves us unconditionally - all dog owners would sign that right away. But how do you determine the affection of your four-legged friend? Our dogs show through different behaviors - sometimes in very curious ways - that they have taken us deeply into their hearts. The following ten behaviors guarantee that your dog will have a very strong bond with you.
1. Exuberant greetings are a sign of love
No one greets you as excitedly as your dog? That's because he is incredibly pleased about your return - and that doesn't necessarily have to do with the length of your absence. When your dog jumps up and down in a frenzy, literally performs a dance of joy and wags its tail, it is expressing its boundless joy. Licking hands, barking and squeaking can also be signs of how much your four-legged friend has missed their loved one.
2. Licking means affection
Your dog does not only show his affection for you by licking your greetings. Your four-legged friend knows how to caress with the tongue already from the puppy age: Even a bitch gives her offspring her affection by licking. Your dog not only shows you his love and submissiveness, but also wants to look after you.
For many dog owners, licking is uncomfortable and therefore a undesirable behavior: If you want to stop the dog from doing it, you have to do it with great sensitivity so as not to reject his love too roughly.
3. Body contact is a proof of love
Like us humans, your four-legged friend only seeks physical contact with those who are really close to his heart. But be careful: dogs are not fans of hugslike us bipeds. On the other hand, they prefer to enjoy physical closeness by cuddling on the sofa or by being caressed extensively.
4. Eye contact means true intimacy for dogs
Would you look a stranger in the eyes for a long time? Probably not. And it is the same with our four-legged friends. Long-term eye contact between dog and owner gives both of them Love, trust and security. Oxytocin, the so-called "cuddle hormone", is released in the dog's body during familiar eye contact. It strengthens the bond between the animal and its owner.
But be careful of misunderstandings: Never force eye contact with your dog! This will make him feel uncomfortable and irritable.
5. Your dog likes to lean against you
You only like to lean against people you trust. It is the same with your dog: if he leans against you, he trusts you and enjoys being around you. It also gives him the feeling of Security and security. If your dog leans on you even in frightening situations, he shows that you give him security. He can fully rely on you!
6. Your dog will turn to you in dangerous situations
Your dog completely relies on you when he or she is guided by you in dangerous situations: If your four-legged friend feels unsafe or is afraid, he looks up at you and watcheshow you react. The dog does this if he can rely on you - unlike him - to have the problematic situation under control. He has real trust in you and you give your four-legged friend security!
7. It is important for your dog that you are always around
If your dog trusts you, you are also a member of his pack or the pack leader. Our four-legged friends are highly social animals that always the proximity of their pack, so to you, too. That is why your dog shows his affection by following you everywhere and checking again and again whether you are still around while playing with others or at home.
8. The socks and shoes of a loved one are important to him
Many people are less likely to see the dog dragging socks or shoes away. Yet if your dog really loves you, it is Your smell is very important to him. Dogs perceive the world primarily through their nose - that is why smells are very important to them. If you don't want your dog to steal your clothes and possibly chew on them, you should provide enough other toys.
9. Your favorite toy is only shared with people you trust
When your dog brings his absolute favorite toy to you and wants to play with you, he is also showing that he really likes you. However, those who love the beloved toy can feel especially honored without a game request received: Now the dog wants to present his loved one with his great toy and share it with him. A true sign of devoted love.
10. Getting a good night's sleep is important to your dog
A dog's affection is also shown in the fact that he is also in the Sleep near its owner would like to. Many four-legged friends love to sleep in bed next to their human - but that's not okay for every two-legged friend. Then you can always offer the dog to sleep in the basket at least in the same room. In this way he can also pursue his urgent need to be as close as possible to his human being.
- Who led the Eastern Roman Empire?
- Empaths have narcissistic traits
- What is my meaning in your life
- What should I visit in Prague
- What is the use of the 5th dimension
- Why does homosexuality scare so many people?
- Why are programmers paid so much
- The space expands in a black hole
- 189 grams of sugar can kill you
- What are the diamond ring types
- What's the best way to learn Japanese
- How did LeBron James get so big
- Have you cured cancer naturally?
- Can we recycle concrete waste
- Are vitamins more effective than multivitamins
- What are the interview questions for HP technical support
- What percentage of gun owners are depressed?
- Die Sports
- What are affiliate movies
- The placebo effect could work the other way round
- How can Singapore's economy improve
- The immune system is an organ system
- What is the specific vapor volume
- Answering the truth on Quora is forbidden