What is a camping trip
Camping despite Corona: What is possible at Pentecost?
Many people are planning a vacation in Germany in 2021 because of Corona. But popular destinations are quickly booked out. Campsites can be an alternative. What do guests have to consider?
Last year, not only apartments and hotels, but also campsites in popular holiday regions, such as the North and Baltic Seas, were in high demand. This year, too, many people hope to be able to travel with a caravan, tent or mobile home. In the north, the campsites in Schleswig-Holstein and Lower Saxony have already opened. Other federal states such as North Rhine-Westphalia or Baden-Württemberg have already followed, others want to open soon, including Bavaria on May 21.
Restrictions on campsites
However, strict rules also apply to campsites, which the respective federal state specifies in its Corona regulation and which can therefore differ from one another in the individual countries. The specific rules change very dynamically according to the course of the pandemic. Before starting a trip, vacationers should therefore always find out about the latest measures or relaxations. The Federal Association of the Camping Industry gives an overview of which federal states have already opened the pitches and which conditions apply there.
The following rules for campsites currently apply in the northern German federal states:
- Camping has been possible again in all parts of Schleswig-Holstein since May 17th. The prerequisite is a seven-day incidence below 100.
- Binding negative corona test on arrival that is not older than 48 hours. Further mandatory tests on site every 72 hours. Alternatively, a vaccination certificate or a recovery certificate
- Communal facilities such as shower rooms and toilets may be opened. Saunas and wellness areas remain closed.
- The current Corona rules for Schleswig-Holstein also apply.
- Opening in regions with a stable seven-day incidence below 100 since May 10th for locals, from May 18th after a court decision also for holidaymakers from other federal states
- Requirements: Binding negative corona test before arrival as well as further binding tests on site at least twice a week. Alternatively, a vaccination certificate or a recovery certificate
- Seat occupancy may not exceed 60 percent.
- The current corona rules for Lower Saxony also apply.
- Overnight stays on campsites are currently only allowed for long-term campers, provided they either live in Mecklenburg-Western Pomerania or can prove a full vaccination or recovery. The pitches are still closed for all other campers. The ban on accommodation for locals will not come into effect until June 7th, and also for holidaymakers from all over Germany from June 14th.
- currently no opening of the places in prospect.
Basic rules for camping in Corona times
For a relaxing holiday, campers should also follow these basic rules:
- Never leave for a campsite without prior notice or booking. Due to the high demand and the limited space - also due to the hygiene and distance rules - holidaymakers must otherwise expect to be turned away.
- Before starting your journey, ask the campsite operator about the applicable corona protective measures by telephone. It is particularly important here where masking requirements apply and whether there are any restrictions on the use of the sanitary and disposal facilities. If self-catering is not planned, it is also interesting to know whether catering establishments are open.
- Obtain a sufficient supply of protective masks as well as hand and surface disinfectants before you start your journey. Corresponding products ensure more personal safety when using the toilets and showers, for example.
- Holidaymakers should also be prepared for the campsite operators to collect and save personal contact data in order to be able to trace infection chains in the event of a corona virus.
- Campers should always strictly adhere to distance and hygiene measures to prevent places from having to close again.
Camping: Holidays in the open air
Whether in the Harz Mountains, on the coast or on the islands: In the north there are hundreds of campsites from simple to comfortable. Those who are well informed in advance avoid disappointment. more
This topic in the program:
the north story | 05/13/2021 | 1:45 p.m.
- Why shouldn't we build a wall?
- How could I regulate random forest classifiers
- What are geological events
- Affiliate links are allowed
- What does an Indo-Chinese meal mean
- What is there only in Azerbaijan
- Calculators are allowed in SAT in India
- How do I find a cuckqueen
- Are IB certificates useful
- What are questions and answers
- What is WordPress? Is it reliable
- Why are there outliers
- Why did GSI acquire Fetchback
- Why are submarine operating theaters kept dark
- How romantic do you feel right now
- Cunning can be considered a virtue
- How do you develop a sales force
- Can people manipulate lightning
- Is Fortnite an educational game
- What is the correct pronunciation of often
- Is the IQ distribution strictly normal?
- What is a ghost weapon
- What is your opinion on Amos Yee
- What are geological events