What does exodus mean
Part of speech: noun, (male)Hyphenation:
- Ex | o | dus, Plural: Ex | o | dus | se
- IPA: [ˈƐksodʊs]
- 1) Religion, no plural: the 2nd book of Moses in the Jewish Tanach or in the Old Testament; the description of the Israelite exodus from Egypt
- 2) educational language: Process in which people leave an area, a country
- 1) Ex, Ex., Exod.
- from Latinexoduswhich goes back to the Greek ἔξοδος (éxodos) (for "exit" or "exit"); According to Kluge, the word has been used since the 20th century. The digital dictionary of the German language (dwds) shows a graphic in which the word has appeared since the 18th century.
- 1) second book of Moses
- 2) excerpt
- 2) emigration, flight
- 1) Genesis, Leviticus, Numbers, Deuteronomy
- 2) “But both alphabetical writing and animal cult already existed at the time of Exodus, for Moses carried the alphabetical writing with him and also considered it necessary to forbid the worship of animals. "
- 2) “A unique one in German history Exodus talent and knowledge, experience and craftsmanship began. "
- Nominative: singular Exodus; Plural Exodus
- Genitive: singular Exodus; Plural Exodus
- Dative: singular Exodus; Plural Exods
- Accusative: singular Exodus; Plural Exodus
- Afrikaans: 1) Eksodus
- Ancient Greek: 1) Ἔξοδος (Éxodos) (male)
- Basque: 1) Irteera
- Breton: 1) Ermaeziadeg (male)
- Cebuano: 1) Eksodo
- Min Dong: 1) 出 埃及 記, 出 埃及 记 (Chók-Ăi-gĭk-gé)
- Danish: Andes Mosebog
- English: 1) Book of Exodus, Exodus
- Estonian:: 1) 2. Moosese raamat
- Faroese: 1) Onnur Mósebók (male)
- Finnish: 1) 2. Mooseksen kirja
- French: 1) Exode
- Greek (new): 1) Έξοδος (Éxodos) (male)
- Hawaiian: 1) Puka ʻAna
- I do: Exodo
- Irish: 1) Eaxodus (male)
- Icelandic: 1) Annar Mósebók (male)
- Italian: 1) Esodo
- Japanese: 1) 出 エ ジ プ ト 記 (Shutsu Ejiputo ki)
- Corsican: 1) Esodo
- Kurmanji: 2) koç (Female)
- Latin: Exodus
- Latvian: Izceļošanas grāmata
- Limburgish: Exodus
- Lithuanian: Išėjimo knyga (Female)
- Dutch: Exodus
- Norwegian: Andre Mosebok
- Polish: Księga Wyjścia
- Portuguese: 1) Êxodo
- Romanian: 1) Exodule (male), Ieșirea (Female)
- Scottish Gaelic: 1) Ecsodus (male)
- Swedish: 1) uttåg, exodus, Andra Moseboken
- Scots: 1) Exodus
- Zeeland: 1) Exodus
- Slovak: Exodus
- Slovenian: 1) Eksodus (male)
- Spanish: 1) Éxodo
- Kiswahili: 1) Kutoka
- Tagalog: Exodo
- Czech: 1) Exodus (male); 2) exodus (male)
- Hungarian: 1) Mózes második Königyve
- Welsh: 1) Exodus (male)
- Waray: 1) Exodo
- Frisian (Western): 1) Exodus
Practical example sentences
Automatically selected examples in German:
„Ten months after hers Exodus The SPÖ has not yet got over the phantom pain from the government paradise on Ballhausplatz.“
DiePresse.com, October 28, 2018
„HTC wants with that Exodus bring a mobile phone to market that has cryptocurrency technology built in right away.“
Technology Review, December 19, 2018
„Who is the boxed version of the shooter Metro: Exodus pre-ordered, you can count on some bonuses, which publisher Deep Silver has now announced. This includes the panorama poster 'The Creatures of Metro Exodus'.“
Gamezone, January 11, 2019
„3 things that made fallout from Metro Exodus one thing Metro can learn from the Fallout series.“
GIGA, February 21, 2019
„Deep Silver and 4A Games are giving away the pre-order bonus for Metro today Exodus known. Pre-order the box version of Metro Exodus receive the panorama poster “The creatures of Metro Exodus“As an addition.“
GameNewz.de, January 12, 2019
„In the cafe Exodus Rock and other events arise, and there are open ears here for problems.“
Saarbrücker Zeitung, January 19, 2020
„Greece's mayors should be more independent. With further reforms, the Exodus of top executives will be stopped.“
sueddeutsche.de, November 24, 2019
„First came a Exodus wealthy people from New York, now the refugee movement has reached Hollywood as well.“
BILD.de, August 19, 2020
„In some newspaper reports, the end of the Berlin art scene seems to be near: collectors are fleeing, gallery owners are complaining. What is behind the supposed Exodus plugged.“
Die Zeit, May 19, 2020
„Corona - and now this: With the Exodus from Rolex & Co, the fate of Baselworld seems sealed.“
derStandard.at, May 12, 2020
The usage examples were selected automatically and may therefore contain errors.
Thesaurus & Synonyms
- Mass exodus
- massive abandonment
- panicked escape
- Emigration: the distance, departure / departure from a place / club / country etc.
- emigration: leaving the home country permanently
- emigration: permanent emigration to another country; Country that is the destination of emigration; the people who have emigrated
Another word (synonym) for Exodus - Source: OpenThesaurus
Entries from our dictionary containing "Exodus":
exitus:… Part of speech: noun, (masculine) Word meaning / definition: 1) exit 2) the outgoing translations German: 1) exit 2) outgoing Similar terms: Exitus, exit ...
Pentateuch: ... the first book of the Pentateuch. 1) The Pentateuch consists of the following five books: Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers, Deuteronomy. 1) The Pentateuch was built around 440 BC ...
ethnic cleansing: ... distrust them or because they simply do not speak Arabic. [...] So while Morris is assuming an exodus' that was brought about by the war and not by Jewish or ...
Talmud: ... the Talmud was strengthened, however, remains a decision of every interpreter. "1)" The exodus of the Jews from Mesopotamia, their presence there until the destruction of the first temple ...
Elohist:] Origin of the term: Derived from the Hebrew name of God Elohim with the derivative -ist This literary source got its name after the God name "Elohim", which was prevalent before Exodus 3:15
Rate & Share
Rate the dictionary entry or share it with friends.
Quote & print
Quote this page:
"Exodus" in the online dictionary Wortbedeutung.info (19.5.2021) URL: https://www.wortbedeutung.info/Exodus/
Comments from users
There are currently no comments on this entry.
Complete the dictionary entry
Wortscheutung.info is a Language dictionary and is used to look up all linguistic information. It's explicit not an encyclopedia and no subject dictionary that explains content. Write a usage hint or an example and help to improve our dictionary. Questions, requests for help and complaints are not welcome and will be deleted immediately. HTML tags are not allowed.
The following terms
Exodus (German) Part of Speech: Declined Form Hyphenation: Ex | o | dus | se Pronunciation / Stress: IPA: [ˈɛksodʊsə]…
Exods (German) Part of Speech: Declined Form Hyphenation: Ex | o | dus | sen Pronunciation / Stress: IPA: [ˈɛksodʊsn̩]…
Exogamy (German) Part of speech: noun, (feminine) cases: nominative: singular die exogamie; Plural - genitive: singular of ...
Exocarp (German) Part of speech: noun, (neuter) cases: nominative: singular the exocarp; Plural the exocarp genitive: ...
Exocarp (German) Part of Speech: Declined Form Hyphenation: Exo | kar | pe Pronunciation / Stress: IPA: [ɛksoˈkaʁpə]…
Exocarps (German) Part of Speech: Declined Form Hyphenation: Exo | kar | pen Pronunciation / Stress: IPA: [ɛksoˈkaʁpn̩]…
Exocarpes (German) Part of speech: Declined form Secondary forms: Exocarps Hyphenation: Exo | kar | pes Pronunciation / Stress:…
Exocarps (German) Part of speech: Declined form Secondary forms: Exokarpes Hyphenation: Exo | karps Pronunciation / Emphasis: IPA:…
- Is Ravish Kumar Luegner
- How do you finger your private life
- How do you emigrate to the Maldives
- It is illegal to drive a car
- How does the buying and selling of crypto currency work
- Could old Nan be a Targaryen?
- When will a person be happy 1
- Is it wrong to have sexual attraction?
- Is CPA Marketing 2019 Dead
- Will tariffs on Toyota harm the economy
- Why do so many men watch porn
- What does a Navy SEAL actually do
- Why do people take drugs 1
- What do Disney vacation packages include
- Love is recognized in a smile
- Why do people love Marvel movies
- What makes you unique or weird
- What is the StuCred app
- What is the most compelling UFO material
- Why is obesity not discouraged
- Why does the West not legitimize polygamy?
- How subjective is attractiveness
- What makes you cry uncontrollably?
- Wat is the home remedy for acid