Distinguishes artificial intelligence 1
The difference between machine learning and artificial intelligence
The short answer:
- In practice: The terms machine learning and AI are basically interchangeable. Usually both terms are used to supervised learning to call.
- Theoretically But machine learning is a part of AI: a way to implement AI.
Machine Learning and AI - The meaning depends on the context
A lot of the confusion comes from the fact that, depending on who you're talking to, machine learning and AI refer to other concepts.
Roughly three groups can be named, each with their own view of AI:
1. In the media: everything is AI
Artificial intelligence (AI) is a more trendy term than machine learning, which is why the term AI is mostly used in the media. But the range of things the media calls AI is very large:
- Expert systems
- Process automation
- Machine learning
- Deep learning
- Reinforcement learning
- ... and more
Interesting observation: the more popular the AI topic is currently in the media, the less it is actually used in companies.
The topics discussed the hottest in the media are often the least relevant for companies. These are mostly cases that are still being researched and are currently only rarely used in daily practice.
2. In science: ML is a sub-area of AI
For scientists and those who have studied data science, is Machine learning is a part of AI.
AI refers to a very big Research area that encompasses a range of techniques for computers to learn and solve problems:
- Computer vision
- Supervised and Unsupervised Learning
- Reinforcement Learning and Genetic Algorithms
- Computational linguistics
Machine learning is the field of artificial intelligence that deals with the independent development of relationships based on sample data.
3. In business: ML is roughly the same as AI
In business, Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning are usually related to the same. Why? Because most business applications are based on AI Supervised learning (supervised learning), a branch of machine learning.
"99% of the economic value that AI creates today is generated by the one type of AI that learns from A to B, through input to output mappings." Andrew Ng
In practice, AI in business is usually synonymous with machine learning in business.
So it depends who you ask
- Fact: Machine learning is a Sub-area artificial intelligence.
- But in practice most often mean the same thing by both terms.
Especially in the business world, you can use both terms for Software that learns independently from the data.
- Artificial light can be created
- How were ancient Roman cities named
- What are the important rules and regulations
- Why are refugee boats continuing to sink?
- Why shouldn't Fortnite be free
- What is BCE
- Why doesn't affiliate marketing work
- How can metaphysics be justified
- Meal planning saves you money
- What am I feeling right now
- What's interesting in robotics
- Where is new money going?
- Can Africans get a job in Malaysia
- What is your greatest virtue
- The Shwe Dagon Pagoda Yangon is worth a visit
- Why is Australia a country
- What is portfolio investment or portfolio diversification
- Can sulbutiamine be helpful in ADHD
- Franciscan Solutions Pvt Ltd is counterfeit company
- How big is Donald Trump's vocabulary
- Why is health greater than wealth?
- The only thing people want is money
- Do sharks ever bite submarines
- Which weapon killed the most in World War II?