Get bored on Instagram
Why we should all be bored a lot more
"Mom, how much longer?" Nothing was worse before than a never-ending car journey. After two hours you had finished all the sweets, had argued with your siblings so that nobody wanted to talk to each other, ran through town-country-river from A to Z three times in your head - and you still hadn’t reached your goal. It was boring. And there was nothing you could do about it! At most, stare out of the window. And if things went well, you fell asleep at some point. That was the redemption.
Count cracks in the ceiling
Today we no longer know the state of boredom. At least I can't remember the last time I didn't know what to do with myself. When time seemed so tough, like chewing gum for too long. We always have something to do. And if not, then let's think about what to do next. Instead of counting the cracks in the ceiling, we write to-do lists in our heads. And when we have finished, we write WhatsApps, emails and status notifications. Thanks to our smartphone, we never have to deal with ourselves again. Even on the way to work or while waiting for the train, we always have something to plug the void in our head with.
Full of luxury
Boredom has become a luxury that we cannot or do not want to afford. Boredom is a good thing. Neuroscientists have found that a network in the brain ignites when we are bored. If we are not consciously thinking about something, when our head is at rest, it even increases our creativity, because our head subconsciously links various ideas with one another. Pretty good right? Research also shows that doing nothing increases our ability to concentrate and reduces stress. And that in turn has a positive effect on our sleep and our psyche.
So boredom is not a waste of time. It is a gift that we should give ourselves more often. So the next time I'm lying on the sofa, I'll just, exactly, do nothing! And that until it breaks out of me: "Wow, that's sooo boring!"#Subjects
- How much money do you need in Thailand
- How much does meth cost
- What has made Yahoo responses drop
- How many Jews were killed in World War II
- Do you know something that others do not know
- What does head mean in the bible
- How is a vacuum created
- What is the meaning of the Plancks constant
- What problem does Bitcoin solve
- What diet rules are worth breaking?
- Chemical engineering is a dying field
- Why is Singapore so cheap
- How was glass discovered
- Why did you leave London?
- How fast should my website load
- Are photons considered as matter
- What is divine machine?
- How compressed space
- What are the different types of education
- What does the Italian word Kapeesh mean
- What is a masonic ring finger
- Why are you proud to be Indonesian
- Why do we study surgical research
- Where does asbestos come from
- How much does meth cost
- Has anyone had a spiritual awakening?
- How are square roots of decimal places calculated
- What is an Indian
- Wealthy people occasionally buy lottery tickets
- If 1 kg 600, then 1 g
- Vacuum takes up space
- Is Harvard still the best school
- Are waitresses paid more than waiters?
- What kind of healthy food do you eat