What are the strong acids
to directory mode
Strength of acids and bases
Acids and bases do not dissociate completely in water, but are also present as undissociated molecules. The degree of dissociation depends on the strength of the acid. Let us consider the dissociation equilibrium of an acid (the same applies to bases):
For strong acids, the equilibrium is far to the right, i.e. the acid is almost completely present as and. She is completely dissociated. A weak acid, on the other hand, is only slightly dissociated and is mostly present as HA.
The law of mass action also applies to the dissociation reactions:
Since the concentration of the water hardly changes in a dilute solution, it is included in the constant.
- Definition of the acid constant:
The same procedure is used for the bases:
= Base constant
The values of and measure whether an acid or a base is strong or weak. The negative decadic logarithm is usually given in tables:
- Negative decadic logarithm of the acid and base constants:
- = - log and = - log
A strong acid (equilibrium on the right) has a large acid constant and thus a small value and vice versa. and a conjugate acid-base pair are related via the ionic product of water. If you write down the reactions and multiply the acid by the base constant you get. Written logarithmically:
- Relationship between the negative decadic logarithms:
- + = 14
- What is a customer journey
- Should I learn poker to make money?
- What are the problems in the UAE
- What is the homeopathic treatment for cancer
- Are you listening to your husband
- Which is hot Mercury or Venus
- Can I use Ethereum with MyEtherWallet?
- Cats think they are humans
- How many English accents are there
- What is the most common unprofitable business model
- Where should I apply for an internship?
- What is the USD currency exchange
- Why is money so valuable
- What are the symptoms of coronary artery disease
- Why is SPSS better than Excel
- What are the best skills required for marketing
- What is musical form
- Is my friend a hypochondriac
- What are some epic tweets in India
- How is the university in Taiwan
- Why do parents use corporal punishment?
- Is god of death
- Is Putrajaya Kuala Lumpur worth seeing
- What has you gained in terms of political correctness