Which vitamin slows down aging
1. Avoid cell stress
The first anti-aging recommendation is therefore: Avoid as many of the factors that trigger cell stress as possible. These harmful influences include foods contaminated with toxins, processed foods, nicotine, alcohol and other drugs as well as radioactive and electromagnetic radiation as well as persistent lack of sleep, constant stress and psychological problems.
All of this creates cell stress, which automatically triggers the formation of free radicals. These in turn set processes in motion that cause chronic inflammation in us, make us sick and ultimately let us age quickly. So give your body what it needs to fight off these destructive free radicals - as explained in point 2:
2. Optimize the supply of antioxidants
Supply your organism with the adversaries of cell stress, the enemies of free radicals - namely with antioxidants - and in this way block the development of chronic inflammatory processes in advance.
The following foods are particularly rich in antioxidants. So incorporate them into your diet every day: fruits, vegetables, salads, fresh herbs and wild plants, sprouts, oil seeds and nuts.
In addition, it makes sense to take concentrated antioxidants in the form of high-quality and natural food supplements:
- Astaxanthin is one of the most powerful and versatile antioxidants that gives the body power, strength and endurance, protects cells and counteracts inflammatory processes.
- Curcumin has been shown to inhibit NF-kB activity and is therefore also so successful in chronic inflammatory diseases such as B. Arthritis - as was shown in this study, for example.
- Glutathione is a powerful endogenous antioxidant that acts vigorously against inflammatory processes, such as. another study shows. Dietary supplements with glutathione support the organism if it does not produce enough glutathione itself, if it is susceptible to infection or if it suffers from chronic inflammatory diseases. In addition to its strong antioxidant effect, glutathione is also able to convert vitamin C, which has already inactivated a free radical and consequently becomes inactive itself, back into its active form, so that it can continue to fight the free radicals can.
- OPC is also a very powerful antioxidant that, in addition to this property, enhances the antioxidant power of existing vitamins (C or E). Since OPC is also a secret anti-aging recipe, especially for the skin, OPC fits very well into any naturopathic program that is supposed to delay aging. Together with vitamin C, OPC repairs the collagen in the skin and in this way ensures elastic, tender skin full of elasticity.
3. Vitamin D inhibits NF-kB activity
Vitamin D and cortisol (the body's own cortisone) are two extremely important co-factors that support the inhibition of NF-kB and thus contribute to the fact that the effects on the body resulting from its activation can subside again.
The importance of vitamin D in this context can also be seen in the fact that when the NF-kB is activated, the body mobilizes a vitamin D-activating enzyme at the same time. In order for sufficient vitamin D to be activated in this situation, there must of course also be enough vitamin D to be activated in the body. A sufficient supply of vitamin D is therefore essential to protect against excessive NF-kB activation.
Vitamin D generally has an anti-inflammatory effect because it is able to inhibit the production of inflammatory messenger substances and significantly weaken their effect. But this extremely important property also requires a sufficiently filled vitamin D store - which is unfortunately rarely the case in Central European latitudes, since most people suffer from a chronic vitamin D deficiency.
Cortisone therapy does not correct the cause of the inflammation
In conventional medicine, synthetic cortisone is often used for chronic inflammatory processes. However, this has the consequence that the body's own cortisol production is significantly reduced. The synthetic cortisone suppresses the symptoms associated with the inflammation, but cannot heal the body because the cause of the inflammation - oxidative cell stress in connection with antioxidant deficiency - is not taken into account.
In addition, long-term use of cortisone has serious side effects. The mucous membranes and skin become thinner and thinner over time, many patients swell up, especially in the face (full moon face), become overweight, diabetic and / or develop osteoporosis - these are just some of the possible side effects of cortisone therapy. So there can be many more besides.
A side effect rarely mentioned, but perceived as particularly agonizing by those affected, is the loss of libido and potency under cortisone therapies, which, in addition to the other health problems typical of age, make sex an ever greater challenge in old age.
4. Healthy Lifestyle - Get Active Now!
Apart from the three specific anti-inflammatory measures mentioned above (avoiding cell stress, optimizing the supply of antioxidants and vitamin D3), an overall healthy lifestyle ensures that you can achieve all three goals even more easily:
- Eat a healthy and balanced diet in general. Eat small portions as possible and always make sure that your food is of good quality when you buy it. Do not use finished products. The pesticides in conventionally grown foods generate just as large amounts of free radicals in your body as the chemical additives in finished products.
- Have your last meal no later than 7:00 p.m.
- Drink plenty of still water throughout the day, as this will protect your cells from drying out and help your body excrete acids and toxins in your urine. A lack of water in the body generally makes you old and sick.
- Enjoy a short (max. 20 minutes) sunbathing as often as possible. With the help of sunlight, your body produces the important vitamin D (see above). On sunny days, you should take vitamin D as a dietary supplement.
- Exercise regularly, but please do not overdo anything. Only moderate exercise that does not overwhelm your organism will keep you young and healthy.
- Challenge your brain as often as possible. Regular brain jogging will keep you mentally young.
- Avoid people and situations that stress you. If this does not work to a sufficient degree, try to react more calmly by changing your attitude towards people or situations, because stress, anger and worries make you old and sick.
- Ensure a sufficiently long and restful sleep.
- A balanced family and love life also contributes greatly to slowing down the aging process.
- Treat yourself to a break every now and then and enjoy the things that bring you joy.
Also read: Those who live healthily get older
It looks like we still have to take care of ourselves for quite a while to postpone our aging process as best we can. Therefore, we should make the years that are given to us as healthy as possible. You now know what to do.
Distance training to become a holistic nutritionist
Are you interested in what's in our food and want to know how nutrients and vital substances affect the body? Do you want a healthy life for yourself, your family and fellow human beings? Nutritionists are popular - but the holistic aspect that is needed for sustainable health is often forgotten when giving advice. At the Academy of Naturopathy, you will get to know the connections between lifestyle and diet as well as physical and psychological well-being.
That educates interested people like you in around 16 months to become a holistic nutritionist out.
Is this article worth reading?
Share this article
- Dr. A. D. Höck, "Nuclear factor kappa B (NF-kB), vitamin D and intracellular calcium" (PDF), www.cfs-aktuell.de, May 23, 2009
- Guo Zhang, Juxue Li et al., "Hypothalamic programming of systemic aging involving IKK-β, NF-κB and GnRH." Nature 497, 211-216 May 9, 2013 doi: 10.1038 / nature12143. (The hypotalamus is involved in programming for aging.)
- Dongsheng Cai, M.D., Ph.D. "Hypothalamus and Aging - Brain Region May Hold Key to Aging", Albert Einstein College of Medicine, May 1, 2013. (The brain region can be the key to aging)
- Shakibaei M. et al., Suppression of NF-kappaB activation by curcumin leads to inhibition of expression of cyclo-oxygenase-2 and matrix metalloproteinase-9 in human articular chondrocytes: Implications for the treatment of osteoarthritis. Biochem Pharmacol. 2007 May 1; 73 (9): 1434-45. Epub 2007 Jan 7. (Suppression of NF-kB activity by curcumin leads to an inhibition of the formation of cyclo-oxygenase-2 and matrix metalloproteinase-9 in human articular cartilage cells: importance for the treatment of osteoarthritis
- Ghezzi P. et al. Role of glutathione in immunity and inflammation in the lung. Int J Gen Med. 2011; 4: 105-113. (Role of glutathione in the immune system)
Notice on health issues
This information is passed to the best of my knowledge and belief. They are intended exclusively for those interested and for further training and are in no way to be understood as diagnostic or therapeutic instructions. We do not assume any liability for damages of any kind that arise directly or indirectly from the use of the information. If you suspect illness, please consult your doctor or alternative practitioner
Subscribe to Newsletter
Exciting information about health and nutrition
1x per month
Login Successful. You will shortly receive a confirmation at the specified email address.
With your registration you allow the regular sending of the newsletter and accept the data protection regulations.
HEALTH CENTER © 2021 Neosmart Consulting AG. All rights reserved.
- Has the Saudi Arabian economy collapsed?
- Canada is similar to New Zealand
- Can I trigger bipolar hypomania?
- When did the Indian railways nationalize
- Why are chocolate chip cookies so delicious
- What do foreigners think of Afghanistan
- What makes a great digital strategy
- What are some good short stories 1
- How is the ranking at FMS DU
- What should i do after masturbating
- The California prohibition on assault weapons is unconstitutional
- What is a Singaporean snob
- How is life with a low salary
- How do you impress a Chinese
- What's your favorite cheapest food on the street
- Quora values its users
- Why do ecommerce businesses need funding
- What are the key qualifications in netball
- How many corner points does a cylinder have?
- What are the four components of blood
- What are the basics of American culture
- Used Mark Zuckerberg's email
- What are solo ads
- How often are submarines still used?
- Can you cook nachos in space?
- Why can't you answer a paradox
- What are some unknown facts about Mughals
- What is an emotionally healthy childhood
- How difficult is it to be a single mother
- What is the best employee loyalty software
- Why doesn't affiliate marketing work
- How do restaurants charge cork fees?
- What is the hybridization of XeO3
- Are there male privileges in modern Singapore?