What are the mechanical properties of polymers
to directory mode
Mechanical behavior - module temperature curves
With the help of module-temperature curves, the state ranges of polymers can be represented. A distinction must be made between thermoplastics, elastomers and thermosets.
Thermoplastics and elastomers are in the glassy state below the glass transition temperature. Here the macromolecules are fixed in their mutual position, only one oscillation around the rest position is possible. In the area of the glass transition temperature, the molecules in the amorphous phase become mobile by changing the place of entire chain segments. The transition to the liquid area does not occur spontaneously. Rather, there is a so-called main softening range over a span of around 50 K. For amorphous thermoplastics and elastomers, the modulus of elasticity decreases by two to three powers of ten in this transition area. In the case of amorphous thermoplastics, this main softening range is followed by the quasi-rubber-elastic behavior, and in the case of elastomers, the rubber-elastic behavior.
The processing or flow area lies above the temperature range of the quasi-rubber-elastic area. In the case of elastomers, the rubber-elastic area is followed by thermal decomposition.
Depending on the proportion of the amorphous phase, semi-crystalline polymers have a small module level when the glass transition temperature is reached, followed by a horny state in which the embedded crystallites have a stiffening effect. The body keeps its shape. If the temperature is increased further, the material changes into the viscous melt with a sharp drop in the module.
- What are some unique marketing tactics
- Boris Johnson is a coward
- Which army has the best special forces
- Why is life so overwhelming
- Dark matter can have awareness
- Are intelligent people less materialistic
- What is Hungary's largest river
- What is Asymptotic Flatness in Differential Geometry
- Is it bad to eat cucumber every day
- How is the economy of a country going?
- What is Category Theory 23346
- Is Johnnie Walker Blue worth the price
- What are some category specific dating apps
- What does ad on Google mean
- What is stronger titanium alloy or bone
- How can you record your fingerprint
- How ignorant can people be
- Why is flour bad for you
- How much does WordPress hosting cost in HostGator
- Have homeless shelters WiFi
- Why is beauty beautiful
- How do propulsion systems work in space
- The prohibitions of discord are permanent
- What is the difference between Bohrkaliber