Single player games are losing popularity
Steam locks out over 90,000 cheaters in 48 hours
Within 48 hours, Steam blocked the accounts of over 90,000 players, who also lost all of their games. A new record.
Valve has swung the big ban club on Steam: According to Steamdb.info, over 90,000 Steam accounts were blocked within just 24 hours last Thursday. Just over 61,000 for violations of the Valve Anti-Cheat System (VAC) and another 27,400 Steam accounts for other offenses. Never in the past have so many players been banned from Steam within a day. For the players concerned, this means: They are no longer allowed to play their games on VAC-secured servers. The Steam library goes not lost: Single player games, LAN games and games on non-VAC-secured servers are still possible. You can find more information in this FAQ on Steam.
The day before, Valve had banned over 28,000 players for VAC violations and 31,000 players for other violations in games. Around 150,000 players had to leave Steam within two days. Almost 90,000 of them are due to VAC violations, which is an extraordinarily high number.
The background is unclear. One theory: Steam has discovered new cheat methods - in probably popular games - through changes in VAC and then used it to strike against these cheaters.
Note: We have updated the information in the article about what exactly a VAC ban means for a player.
- What is it like to be caught shoplifting
- Why is abortion murder
- Can you live on a military retirement?
- Can a DM cheat at D D
- Are you looking forward to EA FIFA 20
- What's in Hajj Mecca
- Why are there homosexuals
- Means passport citizenship
- Is Chinese food authentic in American restaurants
- Insulting people who eat meat, vegans
- Where is the fourth dimension
- What does it mean to take advantage of someone
- What are the sources of water treatment
- Why did my friend ejaculate very quickly
- Eating fried foods causes weight gain
- What's greater than 0 5
- How does Paytm
- Can a mechanical engineer work at NASA?
- Why has unemployment increased?
- What if I stop taking diabetes medication
- What is the cure for diabetes
- What is cell death program
- Does life ever give lemons
- Why do some people dislike the military