What makes a school great
Mail from school is what many associate with the evil blue letter that warns of a grade repetition. Mail from school can also be encouraging. Teachers from Northern Ireland have now written their students a letter to ease their fear of test results.
"Before you open the envelope with your score, we want you to read this," the text begins. In Northern Ireland, children go to primary school together for seven years. In the seventh grade, there are the important P7 tests that decide which school the children can attend afterwards. It should come as no surprise that this causes the student a lot of stress and, in the worst case, also grief.
The SZ editorial team has enriched this article with content from Twitter
To protect your data, it was not loaded without your consent.
I consent to content from Twitter being displayed to me. In this way, personal data is transmitted to the operator of the portal for usage analysis. You can find more information and the possibility of revocation at sz.de/datenschutz.
This external content was loaded automatically because you agreed to it.
If the score is not as high as hoped, it is quite normal "that you are disappointed," write the teachers. "We would be sorry and we would be sad together with you - but we would not be disappointed in you." Unfortunately, things often did not work out in life as one had imagined. Then comes what is perhaps the most important message for students: "We believe that your attitude and who you are as a person are much more important than a grade on a test."
The text traveled online through countless timelines and was shared and liked many times. We were really surprised by the amount of attention, "Headmaster Harry Greer told the BBC. The teachers just wanted to let the students know how they were feeling." For many children it's a time of great excitement, "but for some the test result is a big one Disappointment.
And so the teacher's letter ends with a few nice words that all parents should keep in mind in case a child brings home a bad testimonial: "Remember, this is just a grade on a test. You can't express how great you are! "
- Why should anyone vote against Trump again?
- Why do people live in dirty houses
- Did the Nazis enjoy killing?
- How do you close Quora
- Why is a Penrose triangle impossible
- What are the different areas of biology
- Why is Yoast SEO better
- Amway could be viewed as a pyramid scheme
- Which European country has the cheapest prostitutes?
- Harvard created the Unabomber
- Hot french fries can cause cancer
- How do I play chess against myself
- What AP class did you hate
- What are the problems Singapore is facing
- Why does light follow space-time
- How can I pick up my number?
- What is a hydrostatic pressure test
- Which is the strongest currency in Asia
- How popular is football in Canada
- Why do some people hate soldiers
- Are Quora moderators hypocrites
- How do foods fight cancer
- What is the WAEC EXPO for 2020
- What happened 20,000 years ago