What are cross-platform mobile apps
Cross-Platform App Development - The 5 Best Tools
Because of the variety of platforms and devices that define the mobile market, the cross-platform app development proved to be the most economically viable solution. In contrast to native app development, code that was generated with a cross-platform development tool can be used for various platforms and devices. In this way, app programming with a cross-platform tool not only curbs programming costs, but also saves you the hassle of updating and managing your apps.
These cross-platform app development tools help you build great hybrid apps for both Android and iOS.
In Xamarin, the C # code base can be universally applied to multiple platforms. Nevertheless, unlike other frameworks, the tool allows developers to work with native IDEs, languages and APIs. In addition, the Git integration is an integral part of Xamarin Studio.
- Xamarin offers some sample apps that make it quick and easy to get started.
- Almost three quarters of the code can be shared across major mobile platforms. In this way, you can not only contain development costs, but also the TTM value (time-to-market).
- Xamarin supports functional testing and quality monitoring for a wide range of devices. It also has an Android emulator.
The prevailing compatibility problems with open source libraries for Android and iOS are a bit of a deterrent to developing a full-fledged app with Xamarin. This is a topic that the Xamarin community has yet to address to encourage developers to use Xamarin to implement a substantial project.
- The cross-platform use of code (iOS, Android, Windows Phone, BlackBerry and Firefox OS) can reduce the TTM (time-to-market).
- PhoneGap has a plugin-compatible architecture. This enables developers to access the full range of features of the device via APIs and in this way to program featured apps.
- PhoneGap supports in-app purchases for the App Store (iOS), the Google Play Store (Android) and other stores.
You may experience performance problems with graphics-intensive apps. However, developers can overcome this challenge by implementing third-party solutions that improve caching and speed up graphics. With OEMs offering better technical specifications, you shouldn't worry too much about this issue.
3. Native script
- NativeScript includes support for Angular and TypeScript.
- Apps use native components and have direct access to the native APIs, which also includes full access to the development libraries.
- The tool has a cross-platform declarative UI support, which allows you to first develop a user interface and then implement it on different platforms.
One potential problem in NativeScript is multithreading, which should be improved in later releases. In addition, detailed examples and documentation of the individual features are missing.
MonoCross supports the cross-platform development of apps with the help of C #, Microsoft .NET and the Mono Framework. Developers can secure the application, controller and model code across platforms while playing with the platform container and the view that represents the user interface to deliver a native experience across all key platforms. The tool also makes app porting easier than ever. In this way, companies can cope better with the rapid changes in the platforms.
- With the support of various APIs, MonoCross makes it easier to use the entire capabilities of the device.
- Third-party API support also reduces development time as developers don't have to grapple with the intricacies of each platform.
- The use of MonoCross for app development only requires the compatibility of C # and .NET.
Beginners in particular may have difficulties with the tool as there is little documentation and support available online.
5. Kony AppPlatform
- Kony offers demo apps that give developers an easier start.
- The platform supports a wide range of backend systems.
As with MonoCross, the documentation and support available on the web are insufficient.
P&M as an app agency
Our app team has supervised a wide variety of projects in recent years and has gained experience in a wide variety of fields. We will be happy to provide you with the competence you have acquired in consultation and design of your mobile solution. Because advice comes first with us!
About the author
Phillip Schulte is the "P" in P&M and thus co-founder and co-managing director of the agency. He coordinates the project management of the app development, custom software and online marketing teams.
- What's the name of the people from Hawaii
- Why are you not fit and healthy
- Is it worth moving to London?
- Which diet or food is important
- An engineering degree is worthwhile
- What was your best and worst camping trip
- Are auto mechanics underpaid
- US state militias have fleets
- What are some examples of subject pronouns
- What are some alternative theories of gravity
- YouTube becomes a monopoly
- Which country does Singapore own
- How can I become a local doctor
- What is the largest submarine
- Chinese people eat horses
- You can sell your idea
- Why is online gaming so misogynistic
- How does the bulk SMS gateway work
- Why are Yahoo Answers questions so stupid
- Enlightenment is a deception
- What are some examples of mass media
- How do hospitals sterilize operating rooms
- What is Disney's Epcot Park about
- Does a rental car have liability insurance