How many years has Hillary been studied
Hillary Clinton cross-examined
The attack was extensively investigated from many sides, mistakes were admitted and responsibility was acknowledged. The hearing of the former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton could hardly provide any new information. Still, it was celebrated with relish by Trey Gowdy, the Republican committee chairman. After all, the meeting offered the opportunity to present the Democratic presidential candidate. Even top Republican officials recently admitted frankly that the Benghazi Committee should damage Clinton's polls.
But Clinton was well prepared. Rumor has it that numerous employees prepared her for this important appointment in a "war room". "I take responsibility for what happened in Benghazi," said the 67-year-old. However, the diplomats' calls for increased security measures, which were rejected at the time, did not land on her desk. "I didn't see them," said the former chief diplomat. After the attacks, she then implemented all the recommendations of an internal commission for better protection of diplomatic missions abroad.
The candidate's show
Clinton, who had already testified in January 2013 about the attack by militant Islamists on the consulate in Congress, could not provide any further information at the renewed hearing. Even then, she had already taken responsibility for what had happened. However, no direct responsibility could be proven to her.
The former first lady used the appointment before the committee of inquiry instead to position herself as a presidential candidate again. Eventually the hearing was broadcast live on all major US broadcasters. The Democrat declared that America must lead in a dangerous world - equally supported by both major parties. In addition, the US would have to secure its diplomats as well as possible. And finally, Clinton summed up: "I have served as Secretary of State in 112 countries. Each time I was filled with gratitude and pride to be able to represent the country I love". It should have scored points with the viewers of the conservative TV stations.
djo / mak (afp, dpa)
- What is heterotaxic syndrome
- What century is 2020
- What predictions has Nostradamus made for 2019
- How well do the Singaporeans speak Mandarin
- Are intelligent people less materialistic
- What are the rules for success
- What if the wizarding world exists
- Has anyone made millions out of Bitcoin?
- What is the most unique operating system
- What free therapies will help treat cancer
- What are the best drop shipping sites
- What page speed does Google SEO use
- Can light travel faster than the speed of light
- What is an ecommerce website
- Singapore's bilingual policy is a mistake
- What is the American Diet
- What is a logical paradox
- How did Steve Jobs make NeXT successful?
- Are you superstitious
- What is a VVT engine
- What is a legal arbitrator
- Why can't you run long distances in person?
- Pot smoke remains in your lungs
- Why do I always have energy