The prohibitions of discord are permanent
Does Discord let the user know when you kick or boot them?
Discord has become a means of communication for online gamers. It filled the void when no other online service offered free communication in the form of text, voice, video or images. Sure, there was Skype that was too needy and aggressive. It consumed a lot of RAM and significantly increased player latency in the game. To be honest, Skype was never meant for gamers.
Also see our article How to Join a Channel on Discord
On the other hand, TeamSpeak was built for this, but it was also missing. TeamSpeak servers aren't free, which some casual gamers consider a deal breaker. On the other hand, the discord is free, and it looks like it's here to stay. It currently has over 250 million users.
Some of these users are spammers or rude, uncooperative gamblers. Fortunately, you can give them the boot or, if they cross the line, hit them with the ban hammer.
Kicking, locking, or curtailing users in the event of a discord
A discord server owner or moderator can be very demanding at times. Since Discord is free, you can have multiple accounts and switch between them as you wish. This allows some annoying people to be really annoying and difficult to deal with.
To kick or boot someone:
- Open Discord on your phone or in a computer browser.
- Go to the server you want using the left sidebar.
- Select the channel that you want to kick someone from.
- Either find your username in the bar on the right or manually search the channel's message history.
- Right click on the name. A drop-down menu will appear.
- Choose kick "Username" at the bottom of the list.
Note: Kicking someone is not a permanent solution. That user can easily rejoin your server if they are public or if someone who is already on the server sends them a new invitation.
How to kick or cut people in the crowd:
- If your server is too big and there are a lot of inactive users who haven't logged in for a long time, you can prune them.
- Open your server settings in the top left corner.
- On the right, you'll see a list of members and the roles you've assigned them. Above this list is the Prune option.
- Choose the time they had to stay inactive to get booted. It can be one, seven, or thirty days. You will see the number of users who will be kicked at a time.
- This will not boot the players who have already been assigned roles on the server.
To ban a user from Discord:
- Follow the previous steps to ban someone from Discord and choose Ban Username instead of Kick.
- A window with additional options will appear.
- You can choose to have this user's messages deleted from the channel for different periods of time. This is a real time saver as you don't have to manually delete them.
- You can also tell them why they have been banned. However, this is optional.
- When you're done, press Ban to confirm.
- When a user is locked out, there is no return to your server; H. The block is permanent.
How to unblock a Discord user:
- If you change your mind and forgive someone, you can always remove the ban.
- Access the server settings in the upper left corner, especially your channels.
- A drop-down menu with bans at the bottom of the list will appear.
- You will see a chronological list of all users that you have previously blocked.
- Clicking on someone's username will see the reason they were banned and an option to unblock them. Click the Revoke Ban button and the user will be able to rejoin your server.
Note: The "Reasons for Blocking" section is a useful tool, especially for larger servers with multiple administrators. Other administrators or the server owner can lift the ban if they think the punishment was too extreme or for stupid reasons.
What happens if you kick someone or drive them up?
Kicking people off your server can cause them to hurtfeel if they notice it. No notification will appear informing Discord users that they have been removed from a server. You can only see the server that is missing from your server list.
Users who have been kicked can rejoin if your server is public or if they receive a new invitation to return. This is especially good for the users who have been stepped into the editing process. They get a second chance if they haven't done anything wrong. The ban is a permanent solution for users whose crimes are too serious to be overlooked.
- Love God all or just Christians
- What are your success habits
- Can MEPS doctors diagnose you
- What is the capital of Goa 2
- Shall we eat dog meat?
- What are the most successful AI companies
- Why do we need supermarkets
- How was your day
- How can I get 100,000 immediately
- How reliable is a Jericho 941 pistol
- Why is the Bahamas considered a country
- Gifted students should be taught separately
- Why is unrestricted submarine warfare important
- What are toilet cleaners
- What is the easiest to cook
- What do Hungarians think of Bulgarians
- How to get each Foursquare badge
- How does nature control human society
- What if I accidentally swallowed glass?
- What are the latest blogging platforms
- Why do people love junk food
- What are the major world events
- How does rust affect a weapon?
- When will the last Polish racist die?