How to make round cookies
Biscuit stamps, which can be used to make cookies with embossed words, names or motifs, are a special gift from the kitchen. Everyone is happy about such a nice homemade souvenir! With our basic biscuit stamp recipe and many tips, the embossed cookies are sure to be a success. Because there are a few points you should definitely pay attention to with stamp biscuits so that the result is also visually beautiful.
In the past months and years I have baked all sorts of letter cookies and co - sometimes with fixed cookie stamps for motifs, sometimes with cutters for individual biscuit messages, sometimes with engraved rolling pins. My experience: The most important thing is a suitable one Cookie stamp recipe. And that you don't give up if you don't bake for the first time. Among other things, I have a Christmas cookie stamp set (Lurch, 12.50 euros) and the Brigitte cookie cutter set for individual texts (townspeople, 9 euros). In the USA I bought a similar set of cookie stamps for biscuit messages many years ago (like my KitchenAid from Williams & Sonoma). It consists of three large cutters in the shape of a star, a heart and a classic shortbread biscuit. I also have individually engraved rolling pins with which you can not just roll out the shortcrust pastry, but also imprint certain motifs at the same time.
The right cookie recipe for stamp biscuits
In any case, it is important that you use a baking recipe in which the dough does not run too much in the oven - otherwise you will not be able to read your words afterwards. Who the classic cookie dough for Letter biscuits is too boring, you can refine it with cinnamon or chocolate or put two cookies together with jam. They are like giant rascals ... For embossed cookies, for example with a rolling pin, it is important to choose a cookie recipe that doesn't rise too much. This simple marzipan cookie recipe, for example. The cookie dough should be rolled out comparatively thick and neither too gentle nor too strong pressure should be used when rolling over it. Otherwise it can happen that the motif cannot be recognized correctly - or the dough cracks during processing. After embossing, all you have to do is cut out biscuits from the shortcrust pastry sheet with a sharp knife or use a round cookie cutter. Then bake and hope that the motif remains clearly visible 🙂
Instructions for letter biscuits with individual texts
A few more tips on letter cookies: I have baked name cookies several times as gift tags, especially for Christmas. You can make edible place cards as well as sweet love messages, baked apologies and crispy wishes. Unfortunately, the letters are difficult to insert and exchange in some sets. This is particularly stupid if you have forgotten that the letters have to be inserted the other way around and then have to change the whole thing again 😉. Yet: Biscuit stamp are, as I said, a great present! Incidentally, the mentioned utensils can also be used for fondant stamp biscuits and marzipan with embossing.
Here is a summary of my steps in making letter biscuits including a basic recipe for biscuit stamps:
Note: I published this post for the first time in 2013 and last updated it in 2019.
Basic recipe for cookie stamps
- 500 grams of wheat flour
- 250 grams of butter cold and in small pieces
- 180 grams of sugar
- 2 medium-sized eggs
- Put all ingredients in a bowl and knead into a shortcrust pastry, preferably first with the dough hook, then briefly with your hands. Shape into two large balls. Wrap them in foil and put them in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes, or better 2 hours.
- Be sure to preheat the oven (to 175 degrees top and bottom heat). Roll out the dough in small portions between cling film or on a silicone baking mat or a lightly floured work surface; Always leave the remaining dough in the refrigerator.
- For letter cookies with individual words, insert the letters mirror-inverted into the cookie stamp. Stamp or cut out the words or fixed motifs. A little tip: sprinkle a little flour on the stamp. The amount of stamp biscuits depends heavily on their size (approx. 25-40 pieces).
- Bake the cookies at 175 degrees for about 10 to 12 minutes, depending on their size. Let them cool down well before removing them from the tray.
Note: This article contains affiliate links (what does that mean?).
You can find this and all other recipes in our APP
- How do people get type 1 diabetes
- Do men over 50 still enjoy sex?
- What are the effects on accidents
- What's the cheapest site to buy Bitcoin
- How humans domesticated animals
- What is eNTRI for a Malaysian Visa
- How was your training today
- What are some expressions of love
- How do I eliminate clickbait on Facebook
- What does a dog do every day
- Are friends really friends
- How bad is Chow Mein for you
- Hanukkah is an important Jewish holiday
- What do foreigners think of the Filipinos?
- Are cats intelligent
- Are the British patriotic
- Is Canada better than Korea
- Most people forget that they are alive
- Which country contributes the most to exports?
- Which famous movie stars were gay
- What pulls us down the earth
- Is dark matter a gas
- Is biscuit butter healthy
- How many dimensions are there really