You could get chlamydia after treatment
Chlamydia are bacteria that cause inflammation: most commonly found in the lining of the urethra, cervix, and rectum. They can also appear in the throat. Chlamydia infections are one of the most common sexually transmitted diseases.
The most important things about chlamydia in a nutshell
- Chlamydia infections, along with HPV infections, gonorrhea (gonorrhea) and trichomoniasis are among the most common Venereal diseases in Germany.
- The bacteria mainly lead to Inflammation of the urethra, genital tractand the rectum.
- An infection usually runs with no or only mild symptoms. Many infections will therefore not discovered.
- Untreated chlamydial infections can lead to too Abdominal inflammation, inflammation of the prostate, testicles and epididymis as infertility to lead. In pregnant women are Premature births and the Transmission to the newborn possible.
- For chlamydia you don't have to be ashamed. STDs happen, many people deal with them in their lifetime. Chlamydia are - like most sexually transmitted diseases - well treatable
- Condoms / Femidoms for vaginal and anal intercourse reduce the risk of transmission, but do not protect completely.
Other sexually transmitted diseases
Transmission of chlamydia
Chlamydia can be found in the Mucous membranes of the urethra, cervix, rectum, throat and vagina, also in Vaginal fluid (vaginal fluid) and semen, in lower concentration also in the urine and in the "pleasure drops".
Infection is possible in all sexual practices that involve direct contact with infectious mucous membranes or body fluids. The most common transmission route is unprotected Vaginal and anal intercourse.
When transmitted through Oral sex Chlamydia can also do the throat colonize, but do not cause any disease there and usually disappear again after a few weeks.
Also on hands or sex toys Chlamydia sometimes find its way.
In the birth can chlamydia transferred to the newborn become.
Protection against chlamydia
Condoms and femidoms cannot safely prevent infection with chlamydia, reduce the risk but considerable.
For people with frequently changing sex partners regular tests on chlamydia be useful to one Detect infection early and not to pass on. Whether a test is advisable can be clarified in individual cases with a doctor or at a counseling center.
Symptoms and consequences of chlamydia
Our telephone advice is there for you!
Commonly cause chlamydia no complaints whatsoever. If symptoms occur, infections of the urethra or the genital organs occur after one to three weeks to discharge from the urethra, vagina and / or to Itching, burning and painful urination.
Untreated chlamydial infection can rise in the body:
- The infection can migrate to the uterus, fallopian tubes and abdominal cavity and cause inflammation there. Signs of it are Fever, heavy menstrual bleeding or intermenstrual bleeding. In some cases, an untreated chlamydial infection leads to it Infertility, abdominal cavity or ectopic pregnancies.
- Fever and pain in the testicles or lower abdomen can be signs of the bacteria rising. This can lead to inflammation of the vas deferens, prostate and epididymis with the possible consequence of infertility.
Chlamydial infections of the rectum are also symptom-free or with few symptoms in most cases. The infections can, however, too mucous-purulent discharge, pain, itching, diarrhea-like symptoms, or an inflammatory rash to lead.
Diagnosis: test for chlamydia
Chlamydia can be caused by a Swab or urine test to be established.
Tests can for example with doctors for skin and venereal diseases, gynecology and urology be performed. In the event of symptoms or a specific suspicion of gonorrhea (e.g. after notification from sexual partners), the costs can be billed to the health insurance company.
In addition, many also offer AIDS organizations, health authorities and test projects such as checkpoints Tests for gonococci. The offers include a Test advice and can be used anonymously.
TheProjectS.A.M - My home test enables not only regular self-tests for HIV, but alsoSelf-tests on syphilis, gonorrhea (gonorrhea) and chlamydia.
Sexually active Women can up to the age of 25 Have a urine test checked for chlamydia once a year in a gynecological practice; the costs are covered by the health insurance company.
More information about the test for sexually transmitted diseases
Enter your post time to find a personal contact in your area.
There is even more information in our brochure on sexually transmitted diseases
Treatment of chlamydia
Chlamydia are with antibioticsWell treatable and curable. Usually, the earlier treatment starts, the easier and shorter it is.
Because of the high risk of infection, sex should be avoided until therapy has been completed. Sex partners should be examined and, if necessary, treated as wellso that you don't infect others or each other over and over again.
Chlamydia and HIV
Do you want the test?
We'll tell you the address of the HIV test center in your area.
In people with untreated HIV infection Chlamydia infections are usually more severe. Besides, this is Increased risk of HIV transmissionbecause inflamed mucous membranes and inflammatory secretions contain a particularly large number of viruses.
Chlamydia and pregnancy
A Examination for chlamydia is according to the maternity guidelines Part of prenatal careas the bacteria for example too Premature births and one Infection of the newborn being able to lead.
There are antibiotics for chlamydia that can also be used during pregnancy.
Find out more about other venereal diseases here.
- How does a web server work
- What has the highest melting point
- Which languages are spoken in surprising places?
- Is Kangen waterproof for human use
- Will world peace ever last?
- Should i learn chinese
- What is soft iron
- What is the most philosophical one-word question
- What is the VCC voltage
- Why don't private jets have parachutes?
- Why is animal welfare important to agriculture
- Enrons' business model would have worked today
- Has the Malay language articles
- What are some reasons to go vegan
- What is good behavior
- How to ban someone from Discord
- What screams I'm new to California
- What are SSB interview questions and answers
- What does lim x 0 mean?
- What is the definition of 1 volt
- Do start-ups contribute to the economy
- What happens after drinking phenol
- Do real investing apps like Wealthfront work?
- What are the disadvantages of being healthy