What does distress mean in the Bible
Confirmation in the Bible
1 Then Peter appeared with the eleven; He raised his voice and began to say, You Jews and all the inhabitants of Jerusalem! You should know this, pay attention to my words! 15 These men are not drunk as you think; it's only the third hour of the day; 16 but now happens what was said by the prophet Joel:
17 In the last days, God says, I will pour out my Spirit on all flesh. Your sons and daughters will speak prophetically, your young men will have visions, and your elders will have dreams. 18 In those days I will pour out my Spirit on my servants and maidservants, and they will speak prophetically. 19 I will make miracles appear in the heavens above and signs on the earth below: blood and fire and smoking smoke. 20 The sun will turn into darkness and the moon into blood before the day of the Lord comes, the great and glorious day. 21 And it will come to pass that everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.
22 Israelites, hear these words: Jesus the Nazarene, a man whom God has authenticated before you by works of power, wonders and signs that he performed through him in your midst, as you yourself know - 23 him, who according to God's decree Given will and foreknowledge, you crucified and killed by the hand of the wicked. 24 But God delivered him from the pangs of death and raised him up; for it was impossible for death to hold him.
25 For David said of him, I kept the Lord in mind. Because he's on my right, so that I don't waver. 26 Therefore my heart rejoiced, and my tongue rejoiced, and my body too will dwell in hope; 27 for you will not surrender my soul to the underworld, nor will you let your upright see corruption. 28 You showed me the way to life, you will fill me with joy in your presence. 29 Brothers, I can speak to you boldly about the patriarch David: He died and was buried, and his tomb is with us to this day. 30 Since he was a prophet and knew that God had sworn him an oath that one of his descendants would sit on his throne, 31 he said foresight about the resurrection of Christ: He did not give him up to the underworld, and his body saw decay Not. 32 God raised this Jesus from the dead, and we are all witnesses to it. 33 Exalted at the right hand of God, he received the promised Holy Spirit from the Father and poured it out, as you see and hear. 34 For David did not ascend to heaven; rather he himself says:
The Lord said to my master: Sit at my right hand, 35 and I will put your enemies as a stool under your feet.
36 Let all the house of Israel know with certainty that God made him Lord and Christ, this Jesus whom you crucified.
- Is MailChimp better than constant contact
- Should I tip an Ola driver
- Is there racism in Vietnam
- Who is the richest homeless
- Is the SHAREit app an Indian app
- Thieves make money by shoplifting
- Who is the best Joshua or Mayweather
- Is Mirpuri Pothwari the same as Urdu
- How often do lizards get split tails?
- How often should I clean my windows?
- Why are online businesses successful
- What do South Koreans eat
- Why are teenagers usually low on motivation?
- Why is Rick Barry a forgotten superstar
- What makes a good English speaker
- Where can I download Deadpool 2
- Can we reach the end of space?
- How is Goa for settlement
- How do band parachutes work
- What is a 1977 silver dollar worth
- Which airport has the best food
- How big is Donald Trump's vocabulary
- When can I buy a SpaceX share?
- Will WordPress continue to grow in 2020