What is the infrastructure of the internet
92 percent of the Internet's infrastructure is vulnerable
Attacks on the Internet are reported almost daily, but how vulnerable is the Internet? A research group at the Fraunhofer Institute for Secure Information Technology showed that at the end of 2016 92 percent of the Internet was vulnerable to manipulation of the Domain Name System (DNS). The DNS ensures, for example, that requests to a specific web address actually arrive at the correct web server. More than 68 percent of the networks operated by telecommunications companies and more than 73 percent of corporate networks are also vulnerable - that is, networks that are typically well protected.
Anyone who is able to manipulate the DNS can eavesdrop on e-mails and phone calls or carry out almost undetectable phishing attacks and thus obtain access data and passwords, for example. The research group is therefore working on tools with which Internet infrastructures can be better secured and developing recommendations for action for manufacturers and network operators in order to be able to react to weak points at short notice.
The investigations took place in the "Center for Research in Security and Privacy" (CRISP), one of three competence centers for IT security research funded by the Federal Ministry of Research.
The National Conference on IT Security Research begins next week to discuss existing risks and advances in security research.
- Are regulators used in modern engines
- Can I marry a Chinese man
- Which drugs improve sex the most?
- What is the paradox of life
- How did President Dwight Eisenhower die
- How are skyscrapers being demolished?
- How to say whistleblower in Portuguese
- Why is Southeast Asia called Maritime Asia
- How do I take a picture
- Which is called earth second moon
- How important competition is in education
- Which exercises could replace 30 minutes of jogging?
- What if I stop taking diabetes medication
- What is this stone about
- How can I sell on myntra chothes
- What is Star Wars The Mandalorian about
- How sexually active are you
- How does it change you to kill someone
- What is Opp Rank in Fantasy Football
- 10 GHz processors will be possible by 2020
- What is client-side validation
- What do you need to bake cookies
- How can I stop feeling restless?
- The universe won't stop expanding