How much revenue is Airbnb
Short-term rental in 100,000 cities : Airbnb makes billions in revenue in the quarter
The digital housing broker Airbnb cracked the one billion dollar mark in sales (around 900 million euros) in the second quarter. It is the second time in the company's eleven-year history that this level has been exceeded in a quarter, Airbnb said.
The San Francisco-based digital room agent did not publish any specific profit figures. The group, which, according to media reports, is aiming to go public in the first half of 2020, also announced a multi-million dollar advertising campaign. Airbnb now offers more than seven million apartments and houses in more than 100,000 cities around the world for short-term rentals.
Wherever holiday apartments are being built on a large scale, rental prices skyrocket. Many cities are opposed to converting sustainable living space into holiday homes. In Berlin, for example, a registration number has been required since August 1, 2018 in order to rent out an apartment in whole or in part to holiday guests.
The number of holiday apartments in Berlin is estimated at 20,000 to 30,000. According to the law, a fine of up to 500,000 euros can be due without official approval or an individual registration number. But without information about the providers on the platforms, the district offices can hardly take action against illegal advertisements.
Berlin is now based on a landmark ruling by the Bavarian Administrative Court in Munich of December 13, 2018, which is not yet legally binding. On the basis of the Berlin law on misappropriation, the districts request information about the anonymous landlords directly from Airbnb Ireland in Dublin.
So far, Airbnb Germany had opposed the legal obligation to provide information that - if at all - only Airbnb Ireland was allowed to provide relevant information. Airbnb Ireland again referred to conflicting Irish data protection law. However, the Munich Administrative Court did not allow this legal opinion to apply. Airbnb has appealed the ruling. (Reuters)
- What is the chemical process of digestion
- What is your greatest virtue
- What is Donald Trump's reputation in Congress
- Is Darth Vader possible
- Who is the female model for Everlane
- What is the average salary of a mathematician
- What are the best skills required for marketing
- How much do yacht captains earn
- Shopify is a viable ecommerce platform
- What kind of cancer does radiation cause
- How accurate is the TV series Scorpion
- What is Dominos Pepperoni Pizza Recipe
- Why was Zakir Naik banned in the UK?
- How can I register with the Illuminati online
- What is the law of attraction 28
- Why do people forget who they were
- How can I understand Schrodinger's wave equation
- There is a 4 dollar bill
- What is the importance of Chinese citizens
- What are some deep web porn websites
- What are the best learning apps
- Can a submarine travel under a hurricane
- Is white sugar cane sugar
- The spirit world is the 5th dimension