Is banana the most nutritious fruit
Everything banana! You have to know that about the yellow tropical fruit
Banana around the world: home and origin
The evergreen shrub originally comes from Southeast Asia and is now cultivated specifically for its popular, crooked fruits. The main cultivation areas are distributed around the equator due to the warm and humid climate. Colloquially, the region is therefore also known as the “banana belt”. It started with commercial cultivation in Costa Rica around 1870. Meanwhile it was Central America however from India (with 27 million tons) followed by China and the Philippines replaced as the world's largest banana producer.
Here are a few more mundane history facts:
- The popularity of the banana and the first structured cultivation of the fruit resulted in a huge banana empire in Costa Rica: the American "United Fruit Company ", known today by the name "Chiquita".
- Countries in Central America, such as Guatemala, Panama, Costa Rica, Colombia, Ecuador, which were mainly dependent on banana cultivation and export, were also called Banana republics designated.
- Since the 19th century will the Banana also imported to Europe. Before that, the very long transport routes of the quickly ripening, sensitive fruit stood in the way of import. Since the banana has been imported and exported around the world, it has been one of the world's largest economically most important types of fruit at all.
- From today you can call your banana by name. Allow: The "Cavendish banana " is the banana that you hold in your hands every day. This particularly high-yielding variety is the only one that is exported and eaten worldwide. The reason: The Cavendish is resistant to a special fungus (also "Panama Disease" called), the banana plants of the original variety "Gros Michel" infested and made their commercial cultivation impossible.
- Another very common variety is that Plantain. It is extremely popular, especially in Asia and Central America, and is cooked and used in both savory and sweet dishes.
- In Germany, bananas were made by Konrad Adenauer Economic boom symbol: With the Banana log from 1957 the duty-free import of bananas was enforced. Since then, the price of bananas has barely fluctuated: despite their long transport routes, bananas in the supermarket are as inexpensive as our domestic apples.
- In Europe there is even a separate one for retailers Banana regulation. She writes a for the yellow tropical fruit Length of 14 cm and a Width of 2.7 cm in front.
Botanical knowledge of bananas
- Bananas grow on evergreen perennial plants. Botanically, the fruit itself is one of the Berry.
- Have bananas year-round season and can be found throughout our fruit shelves.
- Become bananas harvested green and exported immature all over the world. The fruits ripen quickly after the harvest on the transport route. When immature, they are not yet soft and less sensitive.
- Own our fruit bananas no real seeds The small dark dots inside are just remnants of real seeds. The reason: the banana - as we know it - is one Mutation of naturethat came about by chance. Banana trees only bear fruit once. For their propagation, root cuttings have to be separated and replanted so that a new mother plant can emerge from them. So you could say that Banana is cloned - for sweet fruit without seeds with consistent quality. Today, new banana plants are even grown from individual perennial leaves in the laboratory.
- The peculiarity of the banana compared to other fruits: Because of its resistance to Panama disease, it is used in commercial cultivation only one variety is bred and actively cultivated. But the lack of variety is also very risky from a biological point of view: In the meantime, the Cavendish banana is also threatened by a new type of fungus. This prompts the biologists to increasingly look for more robust varieties among the wild bananas and to cross them so that we can continue to satisfy our banana cravings.
Why is the banana crooked?
Now the questions of all questions: Why is the banana crooked?
In Panama, does a wild horde of bananas run in panic through the herbaceous plantation and are painstakingly caught and bent by hand - fruit by fruit by fruit? Admittedly quite a funny idea. But it's not quite like that:
- The fruit cluster of the banana is also called "Tuft" referred to is up to 35-50 kilos heavy and consists of 60-20 so called"Hands", the individual rows of bananas. A single banana is thus a "Finger", which also explains its name: "banan" is the Arabic word for finger.
- Due to its high weight, the heavy fruit clump hangs down on the perennial towards the ground. The fruits, on the other hand, tend towards the light and always grow towards the sun. This is how your typical, curved shape.
Banana varieties - the well-known four
The four most famous types of bananas.
For banana varieties, between Fruit bananas and Plantains differentiated:
As Fruit bananas all varieties are called, the suitable for raw consumption and who at full maturity are theirs sweet taste receive. Plantains on the other hand - as their name suggests - not for raw consumption suitable.
The following four representatives are the most common and well-known types of bananas:
- The classic fruit banana: The "Cavendish" is the standard banana. she is the most common variety worldwide and is grown in huge quantities. she is mild in taste, approx. 14 cm long and has a rather thin shell. When ripe, it is therefore quite sensitive to bumps, but as the most famous of all fruit bananas, of course Can be eaten raw. Originally, like most of its relatives, the Cavendish banana comes from China.
- Mini-format banana: The Baby banana is only maximum 10 cm long, but all the more sweeter and more aromatic in taste. The little relative of the Cavendish is much smaller, has something thicker shell and comes from South Africa. If you like it extra sweet and particularly banana-like, the mini variety of fruit banana is the right choice. Of course, you can do that with a bite eat raw.
- The Red banana is proof that fruit bananas don't always have to be sun yellow. The unusual variety owes its name to it red-brown shell, the the dark yellow pulp securely encloses. The red banana is for her intense aroma known and both for Raw consumption as well as for Ferment equally well suited. The red variety finds its way to us from Brazil, the Philippines, India, Ecuador, Mexico and Thailand.
- Plantains should be better compared to the sweet, soft fruit bananas do not eat raw. they have one rather sour taste and are only edible when cooked. Especially in South and Central America as well as in African and Asian cuisine, the green, solid variety is very popular. In this country, too, you can get it in well-stocked fruit departments or at the weekly market. However, it is rather unknown to us, as warm dishes with banana are rather uncommon in Europe. That is why so far only very few cooking enthusiasts have dared to do this great green variety with the hard shell approach.
Yellow power fruit: banana and its nutritional values
Our beloved banana is an inexpensive filler, the ideal one energy supplier for on the go and perfect to take with you. It's sweet, soft and that's why it is particularly popular with young and old. And when you've got hold of one, the curved fruit is easy to plaster anywhere and anytime: Securely packaged in its shell, it can be peeled and snacked with your hands with ease. Even your fingers stay clean.
Banana - the quick snack for in between.
The banana is especially popular with athletes as a real "turbo fruit" before and after training: with plenty of sugar in the form of Fructose and glucose (23 g of carbohydrates per 100 g) the banana quickly supplies new power and gets the blood sugar going. However, this also makes the banana one of the fruits with the most calories: with 90 kcal per 100 g delivers them around twice as much energy as apples. In addition to the sugar, this is also due to hers high starch content (especially with still rather unripe fruits). So if you're a low-carb banana lover, you don't have the best cards.
"Because I'm happy! Clap along if you feel like a room without a roof… ”Whether Pharell Williams is also a Banana fan? Could be good because bananas contain a lot compared to other fruits Vitamin B6that releases happiness hormones in us.
The included magnesium also helps against muscle cramps, potassium has beneficial effects on blood pressure and many Fiber ensure good digestion. The banana is a real all-rounder when it comes to ingredients.
Fruit bananas and their degree of ripeness
Because fruit bananas ripen quickly, they will harvested immature and shipped green all over the world. In the supermarket you will therefore usually find them green or greenish yellow. At home you can still use it in peace Leave it for 2-3 daysuntil they have reached the perfect level of maturity for you.
The longer the bananas ripen, the more they contain Starch is converted into sugar. The banana colors slowlyfrom green to yellow to brown and the rather bitter taste is becoming sweeter and more aromatic. How do you know the ideal time to eat them? Perfectly ripe is your banana when yourself brown dots on the shell form. Most of the starch has been converted into sugar and the fruit tastes sweet, aromatic and easy to digest.
The banana is a real all-rounder in the kitchen! Depending on Usage you should let the fruits ripen sometimes longer and sometimes less:
Ripe stages of fruit bananas from green to brown.
Green to green-yellow
- Unripe to almost ripe fruit
- Hard skin & firm pulp
- High starch content (up to 40%)
- Low sugar content: less sweet
- Better not to eat green bananas - they are hard to digest
- Light yellow bananas are ideal for snacking on their own - for everyone who doesn't like it so sweet
- ripe fruit
- Firm skin and firm pulp
- Lower starch content (8-10%)
- Higher sugar content: sweet and aromatic
- Can be eaten raw and easily digested
- Perfect for: banoffee cake, yoghurt bowls, desserts and snacks
Yellow to brown
- Fully ripe to overripe fruit
- Soft skin & soft pulp
- Low starch content (less than 5%)
- High sugar content: particularly sweet and banana-like
- Can be eaten raw and very easily digested
- Perfect for: smoothies, nana ice cream, pancakes and banana bread
Too ripe bananas?
Is your banana too soft to nibble on just like that? Then the time is "ripe" in the truest sense of the word for the popular and well-tried Banana shake:
For the sweet drink the soft one Mash the banana with a fork to make fruit puree.
Mash the banana into a fruit puree.
Put the fruit puree in a glass andPour milk on top. If you like it extra sweet, you can also include your mixed milk vanilla sugar sweeten. If you have a stand mixer or hand blender, you can also puree the ingredients in it.
Pour the fruit puree with milk - the banana shake is ready.
Power mixer for your banana shake
Fast mixing pleasure: With the high-performance mixer Chuck of Springlane Kitchen you can puree fresh fruit, cabbage and other vegetables in no time thanks to the 6-blade system. With its 2.4 HP motor, Chuck is a powerful kitchen helper for smoothie fans.Watch now
Also for to bake overripe bananas are awesome. If you want to bake muffins, donuts or banana bread, the very brown, sweet fruits are even best. Thanks to the high proportion of fructose, you can often do without additional sweetening with sugar and the like.
Clever banana hacks and uses
Store and ripen the banana
At Room temperature the little exotic feels most comfortable and usually matures within 2-3 days Completely. To speed up the ripening process, you can use the banana directly store next to apples. They give off a ripening gas that is also transferred to the banana. With a little luck, your banana will be ready to eat one day faster.
A banana usually doesn't belong in the refrigeratorbecause the skin turns brown there very quickly and the fruit cannot develop its banana-like aroma. But do you have a ripe banana and want it Slowing down the ripening process, the refrigerator can help - provided the color is not important to you.
You only have unripe bananas, but you need them immediately extra soft banana for baking? Then there is another trick: put the unpeeled bananas as they are on a baking sheet and Bake at 150 ° C for 20-30 minutes. Let the fruit cool, peel off the peel and mash the soft flesh.
Bananas soften quickly in the oven - perfect for baking.
Prevent the banana from turning brown
To keep your bananas from turning brown, there is a little trick: just do that Handle end with cling film wrap around and Close as airtight as possible. Your bananas ripen, gain in aroma, but stay bright yellow for a few days longer.
To prevent the banana from browning too quickly, wrap the end of the stem with foil.
Peel the banana
How do you peel your banana Presumably using the familiar method as almost anyone would:
- Bend off the end of the handle.
The well-known method of peeling bananas.
- Shell in strips pull it off from top to bottom.
Peel off the banana peel in strips.
Monkeys are real banana fanatics. With their Professional method banana peeling becomes even easier - especially with ripe bananas, where the stem is already softer and cannot be easily kinked without crushing the flesh. The annoying threads can also be removed even more effectively with this peeling method:
- Lower Flower end the fruit Press the thumb and forefinger of both hands together and pull the shell apart.
The professional way to peel bananas.
- Peel in two strips Pull off towards the end of the handle.
Pull off the shell from the bottom up.
Split the banana - without a knife
“I'm so hungry! Lisa, do you happen to have something to eat with you? ”Of course I like to share my emergency banana with hungry friends. And since I've known this trick, even both eaters get theirs half fruit with peelbut no sticky fingers. The only requirement: the banana should not be too ripe and soft:
- Take the banana crosswise in both hands and complete enclose it with your fingers.
Hold the banana with both hands.
- Banana with a brave jolt break apart in the middle. Sounds strange, but it actually works if the shell is still firm enough. So everyone gets a half with a bowl.
Break the banana in half.
Lots of ripe bananas but no chance to eat them all before it's too late? Then freezing is the best solution! The easiest way to do it is to use the Peel and slice the banana and the discs side by side in a freezer bag lay. Then off to the freezer and afterwards 2-3 hours your bananas are frozen through. That's how they hold up 1-2 weeks.
Banana slices are best frozen in a freezer bag.
Option 1: Bananas simply let thaw in the air and use for baking, if you need them. Although they usually don't look as nice when defrosted as they do when they are fresh and they are slightly brownish discolored by the air, they are still great for baking.
Option 2: Banana slices keep refrigeratedbut frozen (with a dash of milk if necessary) in a blender or food processor. Mix until you get a cold, creamy mixture: Nana Ice Cream! Banana ice cream in its most natural form, without any additives.
Forget message in a bottle, carrier pigeon, SMS and WhatsApp - just write the message to your loved ones directly on their banana snack. All you need for this is a banana, a needle and if you like one small template in the right size.
Simply print out the motif or lettering in banana size, cut it out, place it on the desired place on the banana peel and fix it. Stick the needle through the shell again and again along the writing and that Trace the motif stitch by stitch. Of course, you can also work free-hand, without a template, and write messages with the needle.
Contact with oxygen causes the puncture holes to turn dark. After 2-3 minutes, your subject should be clearly recognizable. Now you can do a little more work if necessary and secretly slip your banana message to the recipient.
- Is vaccination safe for children
- I am a correct grammar object
- Does the sale on Amazon work?
- Are amphibians monocondylic
- What are the best machine learning certifications available
- Geniuses can fail because of simple things
- Why don't narks answer questions
- Why do Turkish women marry black men
- Which website offers data cleaning services
- Which country practices incest
- Why is coffee allowed on food stamps
- What are some unknown life hacks
- Do players actually win
- What are the best stock illustration websites
- When do you call a girl beautiful?
- Will society collapse due to climate change?
- Will aspirin get rid of pregnancy
- Is the minimum wage fair in Hawaii?
- Why is Quora moderation so ridiculously overzealous
- How easy is it to grow watermelon
- What AP class did you hate
- What are more profitable blogs or vlogs
- Where do all the photons go
- How can I die quickly and painlessly